To ladies (who like to sweat) with really long hair

Options
2»

Replies

• TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    my sister has this type of hair (mine is super fine) and she wears her hair in a loose sloppy pony tail, when it dries and she lets it down it looks freaking amazing!

not sure if this helps any as I assume you'd still feel like it was dirty, but...

you can also as suggested rinse and condition or just rinse if that works for you.
  • roadmapmaker
    roadmapmaker Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a water bead filled bandana around my neck and I never sweat badly then. It keeps me cool. I hate temps over 80 in the summer so it help to wear it on really hot days. Of course I also live in a very arid region.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have thick baby fine dark hair that I prefer to wear long. I have to pull up the front the second day after a shampoo since it just looks dirty when it hangs even though it really isn't. What I do is weird, but I hold a washcloth to my forehead to keep it from my eyes, and pour alcohol on my head. It is cooling and makes it feel cleaner. BUT, I have oily skin so this may not work for you.
  • sammi238
    sammi238 Posts: 10
    Options
    Dry shampoo does the job.
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If everyday I do the co-washing- conditioner only because shampoo dries up my hair and it gets so unruly
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo. You're welcome

-Curly Wurly Thick head of hair member
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I run 3x a week and lift weights 3x a week. I'm a sopping dripping mess after a run, but not nearly as sweaty after lifting... usually just a little body sweat, not head sweat. So I can get away with not washing my hair after lifting, but definitely not after running.
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo or baby powder on your roots and massage it into your scalp. That or you can just wash your hair with conditioner since it won't strip the oils from your hair like shampoo.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Here you go, advice from real longhairs:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=74043

I have my hair in a braid when I am at the gym. I wash it about once every 5-6 days. It doesn't look dirty or smell, but it takes some time to spread washes to where that is the case for you (and for some people, it never gets there). Whether you can spread washes depends on how long your hair is.
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I think for the OP, dry shampoo is the way to go - baby powder works in a pinch for me (blond hair) but the dry shampoo makes my hair feel cleaner...
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I tie it in a knot on the top of my head when I exercise, and wash it every day. If you don't want to shampoo every day, maybe just getting it wet in the shower will help?