Suggestions for a 4 month lull?

Options
jlreser
jlreser Posts: 64 Member
So, I hit my year mark March 5th and have lost 35 lbs. I have not lost anything since December and have another 35 lbs to lose. I've tried upping my calories, lowering my calories, did Paleo for a short stent and nothing has seemed to jar my system into losing again. I am proud of how far I've come, and you can see my progress (I posted a pic today of the year's difference, I can't figure out how to post it with this text) so I'm not giving up. But ANY suggestions you all could afford would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I realize you will be giving me advice as to what has worked for you and that you may not be trained or educated in this...I TOTALLY understand, no need to worry! :D I'd like to know what works for everyday folks who might not necessarily have all the bells and whistles available to them.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and insight!

Replies

• Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Try strength training or even just Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - you may lose inches more than pounds but if you are anything like me - that is better than the scale going down!
  • maryv83
    maryv83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Maybe trying switching up your workout routine? I find that if you up the routine or increase your reps, that may be that push you are looking for. Try doing something new.
  • Livylove90
    Options
    Hm well plateaus like this can be tricky to break! My personal experience when I have hit some lulls (not including where I just fell of bandwagon) in the past 2 years of my journey is that sometimes I just wasnt giving my body enough time to adjust when mixing up my exercise or diet. I would get discouraged that the scale wouldnt budge right away afyer trying something new before switching to a different method or giving up entirely. You mention that you tried quite a few different methods in only the past couple of months, maybe it might be that you just need to give yiur body more time to see results.

I recently started to commit more seriously again to my weight loss as of today I am 3 weeks in after mainting for the past few months. I was getting very discouraged when my weight wasnt budging after 2 and a half weeks and in the past i might have given up but instead of giving up or changing my diet and exercise I committed to give it a little more time and today I finally saw some progress, only budged 1 pound but its progress!

Sometimes it just takes time! I ageee that adding weight training might be of help and I would try a type of exercise regime you havent done before or something you havent in a while but give it more time, at least a month or two before you switch,! Sometimes it can take weeks before seeing results
  • ngottstein
    Options
    I would agree about giving any change time to work. I just started P90X April 1 & gained 2 lbs the first 2 weeks but this week (end of week 3) I lost 2 & 1/2 lbs! Plus, I can feel a difference in how my clothes fit so I think I have lost some inches! Best of luck to you & I'm glad you're not giving up! CONGRATS on how far you have come! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!