Working out makes me soooo hungry!

Options
2»

Replies

• Requiembell
    Requiembell Posts: 106 Member
    Options

After working out I feel both exhausted and horny. I think it's because when doing any kind of exercise it helps release those "feel good hormones" in your brain- the name of this chemical has left me at the moment. After working out, despite being tired- catching up on my breaths- I feel good and it makes me feel better about myself and lifts my spirits. In turn, it also turns be on because I feel good, my brain feels good and so over all, my entire body is in a good mood. :)

Half the people in this thread are checking your location to see if they can figure out which gym you go to now ....
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Working out makes you hungry? Another person started a thread saying it made them horny. Am I missing something? What the hell do you people do in the gym? After a workout I feel sick, dizzy, nauseous and exhausted. I feel disgusting and need a shower. I feel drained and could use a cup of coffee and I'm thirsty; so very damned thirsty even though I drink about half a gallon during the workout. You people must be going to some kind of luxury gym where you get pedicures.

Oh hell! This made me laugh! I feel the same when I work out! LOL

Ha! I concentrate on not projectile vomiting against the windshield as I drive home.

What's with the vomiting comments today?? :tongue:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Working out makes you hungry? Another person started a thread saying it made them horny. Am I missing something? What the hell do you people do in the gym? After a workout I feel sick, dizzy, nauseous and exhausted. I feel disgusting and need a shower. I feel drained and could use a cup of coffee and I'm thirsty; so very damned thirsty even though I drink about half a gallon during the workout. You people must be going to some kind of luxury gym where you get pedicures.

After working out I feel both exhausted and horny. I think it's because when doing any kind of exercise it helps release those "feel good hormones" in your brain- the name of this chemical has left me at the moment. After working out, despite being tired- catching up on my breaths- I feel good and it makes me feel better about myself and lifts my spirits. In turn, it also turns be on because I feel good, my brain feels good and so over all, my entire body is in a good mood. :)

Endorphins?
  • trumpkat80
    trumpkat80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    UR body is clearly needing more. Could be your not consuming enough, in which case ur body will go into starvation mode & actually cling to fat for dear life. Or. ur not fueling ur body w/the right things. I used to snack all night, til I found the right supplement/ meal replacement shake. Now that I'm getting proper nutrition, I stay satisfied.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Makes me hungry too!!!!!

Just save some calories for after the gym......or have a protein shake after work out or good carbs before workout

Yes lots and lots of water
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am going thru this myself and it's really rough. I am constantly hungry...and I mean constantly. Definitely go ahead and eat something, just make healthy choices. I always reach for a protein or a veg.

Before a workout, I eat a bit of protein with a complex carb. After workout, I eat more protein and an easily assimilated carb like some fruit. Rarely, I will drink a protein shake after a workout.

I always keep cut up veggies and salad ready to go in the fridge. I always have hard boiled eggs on hand along with cottage cheese and greek yogurt.