eating TOO much?

does anyone have some really great suggestions to stop eating so much throughout the day? my calorie intake should be between 1200-1400, and i almost always have 1800-1900.

does anyone have ANY tips or quotes they keep in mind? or any cute little things to keep them going, like a "reason why not to" jar (definitely not the right name)?

i try drinking tea, water, and chewing gum, but i still screw up.

Replies

• tobejune
    tobejune Posts: 177
    work out for 60-90 minutes to earn those extra 500-700 calories.

ETA: Maybe take a look at the foods you are choosing, as well, maybe there are some more filling options. And, frankly, my guess is that you need at least 1700-1900 even without working out....
  • k_saenz
    k_saenz Posts: 126
    Thats really low calories :O do you workout?
  • kluedesigns
    kluedesigns Posts: 72 Member
    why don't you split the difference and eat 1600 calories a day minimum.

1200-1400 is very low for someone who exercises.
  • k_saenz
    k_saenz Posts: 126
    Eat healthier, less junk? Idk what you're eating, your diary is locked
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    it's called compromise... your body feels the needs to binge because you're not feeding it sufficient nutrients... 1400 calories in fried cheese and jager bombs isn't going to be the same as 1400 calories of nuts, fruits, fish, etc.

Try eating 1500 calories and see if it prevents your binges all together. If your goal is to be strong in the physical sense.. you're not going to be building any sort of muscle on 1200 calories.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Why do you think your intake should be 1200-1400 a day? Because MFP told you so? 1800-1900 is a much more sensible and sustainable intake. Being constantly hungry is not a way to get long term success.

Calculate your TDEE, take a 15 to 20% cut from it and eat that.
  • snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    How do you calculate TDEE?