Afraid that success might be my downfall

Over the last 6 months I have lost 60 lbs with another 80 to go

I am a yoyo dieter in the past and have never got past the 3month stage before so am pleased to have kept going. This time my motivation is deeper as I had to start taking steroids for an autoimmune condition. Yeasterday my doctor was complimenting me on being his first patient to really lose weight on steroids and I felt great.

But I know in the past it is when I am successful that I kind of chicken out of continuing and then put the weight back on.

I dont want this to happen this time I feel maybe this time is different as I have addressed issues such as managing stress in a non food way etc. I exercise a bit tai chi and walking but cannot do heavy cardio or lifting cos of the muscle illness.

Has anyone got any advice? Does anyone else get freaked by weight loss?

Replies

• trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    it sounds silly but i keep track of when i 'said goodbye'to each kg, and have a little pic with the numbers'x'd out. I'd feel 17 kinds of crap if i had to delete them, so i keep it together.
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    I am slightly freaked out at the thought of losing 4 stone (which is the minimum of what I need to do) as a) it is a MAHOOSIVE amount to lose and b) I dont know what life will be like at that weight. I know this sounds really daft but I eat when I am stressed / sad / happy / worried food is my emotional crutch and I know I need to sort out my emotional 'issues' a different way. But I dont know what that different way is!!

I have made the decision that I will have to make big changes to my life regarding exercise and food and permanently

That's not any useful advice - sorry!

My only thing I have come up with is going somewhere / doing something / buying something as a reward for small goals I have set myself (nothing big, just a bracelet or something NOT food related!! )

I am quite freaked out about the thought of getting to that weight. It doesnt seem logical!!