Ridiculously hungry?!?!

Options
holly273
holly273 Posts: 84 Member
Hi all, I'm mostly posting to vent I guess right now...I'm SO HUNGRY today, and I don't know why or what to do! I haven't made it to the gym today because it's been terrible weather and my motivation is dead, and I'm still sore from gymming hard every day this week...I've been so good this week, but today I am just ridiculously hungry. It's 6pm and I'm already over by about 300-400, but it's not like an emotional-type binge (i don't think?), I just am physically so hungry today. It's not my TOM, so I'm confused and annoyed and grrrr! Part of me wants to be like NO, NO MORE FOOD TIL TOMORROW, but another part is like if it's actual physical hunger then I should eat, right? Should I try to drag myself to the gym to make up for some of it? But then won't I just be more hungry? Help :(

Replies

• goodnamegone
    Options
    Eat if you are hungry. Eat something like a big plate of steamed vegetables. Have something healthy that will fill you up.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Looking back in your diary it looks like there were a couple days that you didn't eat all your calories (a significant amount). Try drinking some water to see if that helps; this helps me see if it's emotional or I'm actually hungry. If you truly are hungry, eat something good for you that will fill your belly up like high fiber and/or high protein foods such as eggs or nuts. Usually I feel comfortable going over if I know for the week I still stayed under total calories, because that's really what matters. If you feel that guilty about it you can always use tomorrow to burn of those extra calories.
  • holly273
    Options
    thanks for the feedback. i think i'm off to go eat a bunchhhh of broccoli.
  • Beavergong
    Beavergong Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    What about broccoli and wholemeal pasta with some black pepper?
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Look at your weekly average of calories rather than just one day. If it's true that you've been significantly under your goal on a couple of days, then you're probably still under for the whole week. That could be why you're so hungry!
  • holly273
    Options
    I haven't really been significantly under my calorie goal, but that goal is 1280 - a deficit of 500 (so I suppose being 100-200 under that has me netting 1100ish some days). Yesyesyes I know, 1200 isn't sustainable. It's just been the last 2 weeks that I've made my goal this aggressive, because I have a TV appearance on Monday. I've been EATING 1500-1800 nearly every day, because I've been working out super hard. But yes, either way, I know that I'm still well under maintenance calories for the week, I'd just like to be on track for my goal for this week, and I was hoping I'd be able to keep it up to Monday, before loosening up a bit to TDEE-15%.
    Oh well. Gotta remind myself that even if I end up over maintenance calories just for today, it takes an entire 3500 to gain a pound (the most I'm looking at being over maintenance would be like 500), and because of all the heavy lifting I've been doing (and plan to do tomorrow), any gains would hopefully be at least partially muscle.
    Just need someone to reassure me that this is ok! I get a bit too stressed out about all this, beating myself up for messing up!