Saying goodbye to Mr. Scale

I am 54 years old and have lived on a diet my entire life. This last year I stumbled on to EatMoretoweighless on facebook (it's also on here) https://www.facebook.com/EM2WL?fref=ts For the first time in my life I don't get on a scale. I eat 1800 to 2200 calories per day (depending on how much exercise I am getting) and I work out. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done because it goes against everything that I have lived. But folks, I feel better, I have more energy, I sleep better and I'm not always freaked out about the scale. It is going to be a long road for me, but I am going to walk this road to health. I feel sorry for these people, we as a society have been trained to starve to death and be a slave to the scale since kindergarten when that nurse first weighed us in front of the entire class.

Wise up folks, the less you eat, the harder it will be to keep it off. Eat healthy and move, teach your body to burn what you eat.

One more thought, It was easier for me to quit smoking then it was to give up jumping on and off the scale and praying to be even a half of a pound lighter.

Replies

• rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    This a great post. Good luck on your journey and I'm hoping I can attempt to be where you're at soon. :)