Increasing my calories made me gain weight???

Options
2»

Replies

• bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    From your description of your typical day, I doubt you are eating 1000 calories a day (or even 1600, to be honest)--unless you are eating very small portions, which I suppose is possible. I can put away close to 1000 calories at breakfast alone, and I weigh my food.

Measure your food and read that roadmap link. Also, read up on water weight--a gain of 4 lb is within normal fluctuation.

I meant before not now I did used to forget to eat or find myself skipping meals.
    I usually eat those foods but not every single one of them and make sure it adds up to 1600. I generally try not to eat big portions.
    I'll try measuring the ones that I can. I do feel like I've gained muscles this week but gone up in inches too not too sure.

You did not gain muscles eating 1600 calories while weighing 70 kilos. At best, you might be retaining some water from DOMS, or from PMS.
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    From your description of your typical day, I doubt you are eating 1000 calories a day (or even 1600, to be honest)--unless you are eating very small portions, which I suppose is possible. I can put away close to 1000 calories at breakfast alone, and I weigh my food.

Measure your food and read that roadmap link. Also, read up on water weight--a gain of 4 lb is within normal fluctuation.

I meant before not now I did used to forget to eat or find myself skipping meals.
    I usually eat those foods but not every single one of them and make sure it adds up to 1600. I generally try not to eat big portions.
    I'll try measuring the ones that I can. I do feel like I've gained muscles this week but gone up in inches too not too sure.

You did not gain muscles eating 1600 calories while weighing 70 kilos. At best, you might be retaining some water from DOMS, or from PMS.

I went up to 73kg. I only go to the gym 3 times a week. The workout changed to more body core workouts like lunges , planks , mountain climbers , crunches and hiit cardio . Not at pms at the moment.

I'll see how I am in the next week or two . I should just focus on the plan and keep going.

I found this about starting a new exercise plan and that you usually experience muscle soreness and increased weight on the scales. I'm thinking this is the problem now since I have had DOMS this week and started a new program.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/572136-working-so-hard-gained-4-pounds