What are good exercise videos for someone totally uncoordina

JandCsMommy
JandCsMommy Posts: 35 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
That would be me-no joke!

I have Walking Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone, but are there any others I could manage. I seriously have two left feet and no rhythm. I tried doing some On Demand videos and was not successful! Help!

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    You should try the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It doesn't require any coordination, it's really basic moves but put them all together in 25 minutes and it's a tough workout! If you want something to whip you into shape, this is the DVD to do it. It's $9 at Walmart and target right now, or available online.
  • JandCsMommy
    You should try the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It doesn't require any coordination, it's really basic moves but put them all together in 25 minutes and it's a tough workout! If you want something to whip you into shape, this is the DVD to do it. It's $9 at Walmart and target right now, or available online.

Haha! I TRIED that one on my On Demand! I got about 4 minutes in before i wanted to die, lol. But, thank you for replying! Maybe one day i will be able to do it!
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    I second the 30 Day Shred.
    I am terribly uncoordinated.
    I start a workout video and I get lost within five seconds.
    I normally jog in place or just dance to my own beat.
    Then, I got the 30 Day Shred because I heard so much about it on these message boards.
    I LOVE IT!
    Try it out.
    From one two left foot person to another, it is grand :)
  • JandCsMommy
    I second the 30 Day Shred.
    I am terribly uncoordinated.
    I start a workout video and I get lost within five seconds.
    I normally jog in place or just dance to my own beat.
    Then, I got the 30 Day Shred because I heard so much about it on these message boards.
    I LOVE IT!
    Try it out.
    From one two left foot person to another, it is grand :)

Lol-that is me jogging in place!
    How do you guys DO the 30 Day Shred? I found it SO hard and, and I am fat but not with low stamina!

Thanks!
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    I so can't do anything either.... I usually end up jogging also... I tried the 30 day shred and again ended up jogging.... I get more frustrated with it then I do a work out and it's not worth it to me... I tried it several times too lol
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I've been working out pretty steadily for the past 3 months doing the elliptical which helps my endurance and the EA Sports Active for the Wii for strength. I can get all the way through it, but when I tried to do it last January with no previous preparation, it was really hard. I would feel sick to my stomach after trying to do it. I'd suggest maybe do it, but pause it when you feel you need a break, maybe after each of the 3 circuits. That way you can work yourself up to doing the whole video at once.
  • JandCsMommy
    I so can't do anything either.... I usually end up jogging also... I tried the 30 day shred and again ended up jogging.... I get more frustrated with it then I do a work out and it's not worth it to me... I tried it several times too lol

Yeah-I usually end up on the treadmill!
  • JandCsMommy
    I've been working out pretty steadily for the past 3 months doing the elliptical which helps my endurance and the EA Sports Active for the Wii for strength. I can get all the way through it, but when I tried to do it last January with no previous preparation, it was really hard. I would feel sick to my stomach after trying to do it. I'd suggest maybe do it, but pause it when you feel you need a break, maybe after each of the 3 circuits. That way you can work yourself up to doing the whole video at once.

Good for you! I do a lot on the treadmill. I probably need to build more endurance. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Since you like walking, then maybe you should try the Leslie Sansone videos, which are all about walking.

I'm not very coordinated well, but I find Prevention's Drop It In 30! with Chris Freytag to be a really good workout video. She's rigorous, she goes through routines several times & I always feel great after working out with her.
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    I like 30 day shred and many of the biggest loser videos..I don't enjoy dancing type aerobics. I feel ridiculous..
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    I use workout DVDs all the time. Leslie has many other walking videos - I own 5 by her. She's great. Denise Austin has a pretty good walking video. If you like to dance try Richard Simmons Dancing to the Oldies. Zumba (a Latin Dance) takes a bit more coordination but is really fun and doesn't seem like exercise to me. I am not a fan of The Shred - it's to much jumping for my knees. Good luck and let us know what you get.

www.collagevideo.com has great descriptions and you can view excerpts of videos.
This discussion has been closed.