13»

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not Linear
  • titanbonnie
    Options
    Nothing happens in a week unless you completely deprive yourself of all nutrition ( starvation). It takes 4 weeks to see real change if you're doing it the healthy way. stick with it for a few weeks then report back = )
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I know it's super easy to get caught up in the scale. I'm the QUEEN of getting caught up in the scale, especially since I haven't lost weight in over 4 months. But maybe this will help: two pictures, taken 4 months apart last year:

61bd37fd-0516-4667-a3e7-3017aeddf29a_zpscdb99bb6.jpg
    1ccd2369-ddfa-4f2d-9559-f6d9ca91ef93_zps8a5e5af0.jpg

Looks like quite a big difference, right? It's only a difference of 3.6 pounds.

So keep up the working out! The weight WILL come off. But you can still see a difference in appearance even if there isn't one on the scale!

Congrats! You look awesome!
    I agree with everyone else, even though it's hard, a week isn't enough time to make a decision. Patience is one of the hardest things (and something I am definitely struggling with!) but don't give up, give it 6 weeks, as hard as that seems, and reassess. Also, if you did quit working out just for this experiment, I would get back into your routine of exercising, it will help the calories in/calories out ratio!
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This is why I actually don't count or log anymore. My weight will do want it wants and I can't control it based on how much or what I eat, so FINALLY I just eat when I'm hungry & stop when I'm full/don't want anymore. It took me a LONG TIME to get to this place though. I used to be unable to leave a package of half-eaten cookies in the pantry. Now I can eat two or three and leave the rest there for months. Doesn't bother me. Eating this way changed my entire viewpoint on food and my body.

I'm sure some people would argue otherwise, that you can control the outcome by counting, but I honestly don't care because it was lowering my quality of life. I've spent YEARS undereating, years overeating, years measuring every little speck of food including lettuce, years going through a binge/restrict cycle, years being afraid of food, and for what? I actually weigh less NOW trusting myself vs trying to control everything. I know it might not be this way for everybody and maybe I'm lucky, but I'm so happy I reached this place of being content with food. I never thought I would be able to get to a place of being "normal" with food. Where I can go out to a restaurant and not care that I don't know the nutritional info...where I can eat a huge breakfast and not beat myself up with guilt...where if I don't eat a few days because I'm legitimately sick it's no big deal...or if I am super hungry for a month straight and eat far more than usual it doesn't matter either because I don't have a mental hang up about it and I'm not going to extend it into a year long binge.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Water weight? Having to poop? Give it 6 weeks and see if you average out.