Birthday in 9 weeks - you think I can lose 7 kg till then?

Options
Hey guys!
I know this is quite a goal - I am currently weighing about 72.5 kg and want to reach my first goal, 65 kg, by the 20th of June which happens to be my 23th birthday!

Do you think I can do it by sticking to my calories and trying to make some exercise? (I really dont do a lot of cardio, but ever since I am trying to lose weight I am walking all distances and never ever take the bus :D - So that's quite an achievement as I am very sedentary )

If I can't what do u think I could aim for for my birthday in 9 weeks? How much could I lose?

Thank you so much for your support! :)

Replies

• luziferl
    luziferl Posts: 82
    Options
    btw: that 15 pounds :D
  • b0bbystewart
    b0bbystewart Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    absolutely! set your weight-loss in MFP to at least 2lbs (.9kg) per week and also work out as often as possible. You will get there in no time! (I have lost almost 10 lbs in about 2.5 weeks doing just that!)
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    It's a bit aggressive, since you don't have much to lose. I would aim for about half of that, or maybe somewhere between 5-9 pounds. Eat good food at a deficit you can comfortably sustain without feeling deprived, and keep active--walking is fine exercise, especially if you go fast enough to get your heart rate up--and you'll still be smaller by your birthday. Remember that it's not a race--you want to get to your final goal in as good a shape as you can, and that means losing slowly enough to maintain muscle while you lose fat.

Best of luck!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I think 9 pounds in nine weeks is a lot more realistic. That would be a little over 4 KG.
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It's not totally un-heard of but it WILL be hard! I started 4 weeks ago, and I've lost 7lbs, and I don't see why I won't be able to do another 7 in the next 4 weeks! I started on 77kg and now on 74kg, so that's 3kg... so you can do it!

I did the 30DS in that time, and now doing Ripped in 30. My key point would be to be TOTALLY honest about EVERY SINGLE THING you put in your mouth. No quick bite should go unlogged! And work out, but be realistic about how much time you can dedicate to work outs. I thought I could do 30 day shred, half an hour treadmill, and half an hour swim, but that would put me at around 2hrs workouts with getting changed and travel to and from the gym, so I stick with 30DS and try and be active with the rest of my life too!

Good luck and add me if you need any friends on here :D
  • luziferl
    Options
    thanks guys, I'll try my best - My real goal is christmas, so plenty of time, but I want to look great on my birthday and also in summer at the beach!

i just ordered the 30 day shred DVD and i hope it will help me to get more toned, too!
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    If you want to look good on your birthday, losing weight might not always be the choice. Doing some hard toning execises, following rutines and DVDs like the one Jillian Michaels has or P90x or Insanity or even Beach Body would really transform your body in 9 weeks. Doing that you would be more tones, maybe lose some inches and how many kilos you lost will be a little irelevant. If you have little to lose and building muscle, you can look greather, tinner, but without losing an inch (as some say, inches are more important than scales)

If you are looking just for some number on your scale... yes, 7 kg in 9 weeks can be achieved with dedication.
  • luziferl
    Options
    If you want to look good on your birthday, losing weight might not always be the choice. Doing some hard toning execises, following rutines and DVDs like the one Jillian Michaels has or P90x or Insanity or even Beach Body would really transform your body in 9 weeks. Doing that you would be more tones, maybe lose some inches and how many kilos you lost will be a little irelevant. If you have little to lose and building muscle, you can look greather, tinner, but without losing an inch (as some say, inches are more important than scales)

If you are looking just for some number on your scale... yes, 7 kg in 9 weeks can be achieved with dedication.

thank u :)

yes i will watch my kcals then, do some cardio and ive ordered the 30 day shred via amazon - so hopefully I can stick to it and i will lose some inches :)

have u done any of these before?
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    I think its possible! My anniversary is June 20th and my birthday is June 27th! I hope to try and lose the same!