Having trouble pooping?

Options
2»

Replies

• tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Subscribing to thread as I am dealing with this now. Unfortunately, I had to take a laxative to relieve the discomfort. I am working on isolating the culprit.
  • darylewb
    darylewb Posts: 45
    Options
    Drink plenty of water and eat lots of vegetables. You'll poop like a goose.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    There is no mystery here! WATER WATER AND MORE WATER! Seriously! Prune juice is good, coffee is yummy, but water is the key to keeping the body moving and unbloated! Most people think that 8, 8 oz. glasses is good, but that is only true for someone who weighs 128 lbs. NO! HALF YOUR BODY WEIGHT IN OUNCES! This is what you shoot for!
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Can too much fiber cause problems? I drink 4L of water a day and drink 4 cups of coffee, but I don't get enough veggies. But I was taking FiberCon and I ate some flax meal the other day. And I was taking a multi-vitamin. I stopped all supplements for now to see if I can get back to normal.
  • cacleghorn
    cacleghorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have experienced the same thing this week, the more I eat healthy the less I 'go'. Its so frustrating as I have a huge bloated tum!! I ended up buying some laxatives. Not sure why this happens though, I thought the point of eating more fibre was that it encouraged movements

I'm not sure how many other things you tried before resorting to laxatives, but there are a lot of gentler ways to relieve constipation. A cup of coffee, prunes or prune juice, saltwater. A lot of times once someone takes a laxative to help relieve constipation it can form a habit, and laxatives are VERY hard on your digestive system.

Not judging, just suggesting.

:)

Or going for a run/walk!
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Check to see if you have enough fat in your diet. Water and fiber are great but if you don't have enough fat it can get stuck. I know it may sound disgusting but sometimes if the discomfort is really bad a plastic glove and a little lube and you can manually remove the impacted poo. Good luck
  • GiveTheGeniusACookie
    Options
    Check to see if you have enough fat in your diet. Water and fiber are great but if you don't have enough fat it can get stuck. I know it may sound disgusting but sometimes if the discomfort is really bad a plastic glove and a little lube and you can manually remove the impacted poo. Good luck

Not even going to lie...I have so done this before and I didnt like it then I dont think it has changed so I am sooooo trying to avoid it getting to that point again :laugh: While it may sound gross to many it is truth and needs to be known and talked about. That S**T hurts...literally....it hurts. :blushing: