You can do it! (Even on a Friday after Happy Hour!)

Options
Hey guys,

Needed a place to celebrate this with people who can understand why I'm so happy about it! Yesterday I went straight from work to happy hour with some friends but I usually work out when I get home from work/classes before supper.

Well... I'm a grad student and our bars around campus have ridiculously good deals (which is an unfortunate thing when you're trying to watch your weight!). Yesterday was 2-for-1s and $1 beers on the cheap beers. I'm sorry to admit over the three hours my friends and I hung out, I had 4 beers.

Actually, this put me right inside my daily calorie limit for the day, but I hadn't had supper yet and since I was somewhat buzzed I ate what I wanted for supper and later thought, "Oh crap...my calorie count..."

So here's what I'm proud of that I haven't been able to do in the past without MFP:

1) I feel more accountable to myself and my weight-loss goals. I've seen some of my weight come off, it feels good, and I don't want it to stop! This made me log those poor-choice calories honestly and not try to write-off some of my eating.

2) My boyfriend and I were caught-up watching the news out of Boston last night, so I didn't get down to the gym as quickly after eating supper as I should have. BUT I went down at 9:30 anyway even though I'm normally getting ready for bed at 10:30.

3) When I went down to the gym, I pushed myself for that hour. I've got a bum foot that I injured somehow last time I tried to run, so while that's healing, I've been sticking to power-walking, biking, and elliptical. Yesterday I power-walked my butt-off during that hour with it set to random incline and I kept going until I burned 500 calories!

Want to know the icing on the cake? I stepped on the scale this morning and had lost another pound!!!!

If you're ever in a similar situation, find the strength to do as much as you can to make up for the "oops" moment. I'm happy for MFP and this community and how it encourages me to not get far off-track!