Desperate For Motivation Please Help ME!

Options
Hi! I can not believe I have lost 24lbs already! I should be excited right? Well for the last several weeks i have really been messing up and I know it is going to catch up with me. I only worked out 1x last week and once this week which is really unlike the new me. I have been falling back into my old habits of eating and I have absolutely NO ENERGY! It all started when I got back from the beach. I did great everyday I was there and even finally broke through my plateau. So what is wrong with me? Why the sudden lack of excitment and motivation? Anyone out there right now? I could use some uplifting advice and helpful words of encouragement please. Thanks!

Replies

• KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    24 lbs is a good loss. You have done well so far. How many calories a day are you getting? Sometimes if you are not getting enough calories that can contribute or not enough water. I have even struggled with depression and when I have I tend to have no energy. Try to keep you spirits up you are doing good.:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hey Kimbers,
    YES 24 lb loss is beyond awesome Girl!!:drinker: Katie had some good questions, check and make sure you're getting in the proper cals so your body isn't getting to hungry. Also as she shared, plenty of water. The great thing is, you posted and ask for help so you're awareness is right on spot!! :flowerforyou:

I don't know what time zone/Country you're in but here where I am the day is about over, have you planned out your meals for tomorrow so you can start up fresh then? 5-6 mini meals can really help out to keep the metabolism reved up and the blood sugars on a great even keel. If you're getting back to working out after only doing it a few times maybe give yourself a goal of telling yourself 2 times this week or 3 times. Then not beat yourself up about it. :drinker: :wink:

Then next week add a bit more etc. Get in your water as that really help with wanting to snack and also flushes out all that sodium we can get in our systems when we go off our healthy eating path.

Cheers for realizing where you're at and where you wanna be:flowerforyou:
    Becca:heart:
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Katie and Becce mentioned a very important concept;;drink lots of water and it flushes sodiem and other digestive by-products out of your system.
    When you were at the beach, did you have a huge amount of fun? Then you came back home and it is back to the grind? Yeah, that might call for the old comfort food. BUT, you set a fabulous goal for yourself--get ugly fat cells out of your body, off of your heart and lungs, and away from the rest of your body. You have done fabulously since February. Each week, try to lose one lb--which would have you losing 52 lbs in 52 weeks!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
    One lb a week is a loss of 500 calories a day from your daily diet. Or you can do 250 calories of exercise and skip 250 calories from your daily diet.
    One thing I love, on the days I stick to my diet, is that my cells are just loving me to death. With all those lean, low-sodium protiens, fruits, vegetables, juices, fat-free products (milk, cereal, italian salad dressing--I replaced mayonaise with the fat-free italian dressing--etc.), lots of water, and those oh-so-deliscious fat-free yogurts that taste like desserts, my body is very happy. My blood pressure is nice and low, my annual and quarterly blood tests are looking much better, and I have stopped taking pain meds for my arthritis.
    Have you noticed your body feeling better and doing better as you have lost this weight? I am so proud of you, woman! I know you can do this. You can stop at this point, and you will have lost 24 lbs--which is so good! Or you can keep losing, but slow the loss down a little. It is your decision. You are in control of your life. You are the boss. I'm betting that you are a pretty good boss of your life.
    Hugs, good woman. BJB
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I really needed all that advice. I am fixing myself and tall glass of lemon water right now!!! I think the smaller goal of 2-3 times a week will help me not get so overwhemled! Thanks!!!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to keep the post coming!I appriciate you guys. I went to the store today and stocked up on lean proteins, fruits I love, high fiber snack bars, fig newton crips-for the days I crave junk,,, Also bought some speciality water because it makes me feel Oh So special :wink: Planning to just try for three days a week so that I do not give up on excersise. I am sure before I know it I will be doing it everyday without effort!!! I feel pumped and excited....thanks everyone!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: