Light headed after running?

Options
I have been running 1-3 miles at a time for a few weeks now.. After my longer runs, (3 miles) on the treadmill, I walk for 2 minutes to cool down then head to the gym shower. I find myself having to crouch down to the floor to not pass out. I am sure it's low blood pressure? I just don't know what I can do about it? I have tried eating a bit before I go (which I hate doing because it feels so heavy in my stomach while running) and I will admit, I don't drink much while running, again because of it feeling gross in my belly.

After showering real fast to avoid having to be picked up off the floor, and dressing, I feel better after about 10-15 minutes.

Does anyone have any tips to avoid this?

Replies

• BldHny2002
    BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Maybe low blood sugar! I'm not doctor but I feel like that if my sugar falls (rarely - I'm not a diabetic, or pre diabetic, just always sensitive to my body's chemistry) and having a Greek yoghurt strawberry-granola bite or two before and after your run might help. Suuuuper yummy and sweet and healthy! High calories, so keep an eye on how much you eat.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    try sipping on gatorade while you run and see if it helps.