Clean Eating....any help or encouragement welcome!

Options
I want to do what's best for me and my body so I can live a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life.. which I hope is a long time!! So any tips, helpful hints, or advice is welcome. Feel free to message me or friend me with a message. Any support is always welcome. I'm 26 and taking back my life once and for all. I've quit drinking anything with artificial sweetners and am just drinking lots of water and tea. Losing weight is definitely a challenge but I want to do it the right way so I can be healthy for life :bigsmile:

Replies

• ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I recommend reading the book, "The Eat Clean Diet Recharged" by Tosca's Reno. It is a very informative book and gives menu ideas. Also, make a list of the things you would like to change about your eating and try to accomplish one at a time. Sometimes jumping all in can get frustrating and seem overwhelming. You also might want to focus on getting the "non-healthy" food items out of your kitchen. Do it by eating those foods in moderation or donate them. I just hate throwing food away even if it isn't necessarily The best for us.
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi! If you don't find green tea too disgusting that is a good thing to add in.

I'm not sure exactly what "clean" eating IS, but I think trying to stick to unprocessed foods as much as possible is helpful.

Lean meats and fish, plenty of vegetables, a variety of different fruits, nuts and seeds, greek yogurt, olive oil and yes loads of water!

You are right, losing weight is a challenge but don't get too obsessed with it and eat for health rather than for what you see on the scales - you'll be much happier :)
  • Moonbeem11
    Moonbeem11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A big thing that clogs up our systems is dairy and wheat. Also GMO food. No soy, corn, or canola oil! Very hard to find things without some version of those ingredients but not impossible.