Light lunch ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• cedexvegan
    cedexvegan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Something I tried today and found that I enjoyed a lot, a portobello "burger." Grilled portobello cap with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and liquid smoke for seasoning. Use in place of a hamburger patty in a "burger".

These are wonderful! You can also use them as 'steak strips', slice them about 1" wide. Caramelize in a hot skillet with a touch of olive oil spray. Soooooo good, you'd swear you were eating steak!
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    High protein: 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese mixed with 1/2 cup tuna packed in water. Some days I eat it on 1 slice of SaraLee multi-grain bread (cut in half so that I can eat it like a sandwich); plus a salad consisting of 2 cups of lettuce and spinach, plus whatever other veggies I want to include (red and/or orange peppers, broccoli, tomato, cauliflower, mushrooms, cucumbers, etc.). Some days I might have a fruit, too.
  • lala0719
    lala0719 Posts: 20
    Options
    I eat like 1/2 - 1 cup of yogurt, string cheese, and a fruit or veggie. Sometimes I eat half of a sandwich with ezekiel bread with almond butter (both at trader joe's), greek yogurt, and a fruit or veggie :)
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Simple lunch = Ryvita Wholegrain with pastrami and cucumber. No butter or spread needed!
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    80 cal Mission wheat fajita size tortilla
    Spread 1 tblsp. almond butter
    wrap 1 banana (can use half banana)

PB Banana wrap - yummy and very satisfying
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Flat-out wrap
    6 slices of Oscar Mayer deli thin black forest ham