Just Venting

Options
nashtri
nashtri Posts: 3 Member
Well - I hate being hurt! There, I said it and yes I know, I am whining.

Due to hamstring strain, I find myself running in the pool three days per week to recover from the injury.

So why venting? Today I ran for 2 hours in the pool, a 10 yard square, over and over.... No music, no company, nothing - ugghh!

Ok, end of vent. You can now return to your regularly scheduled MFP endeavors.

Replies

• FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    That's good that you're focusing on the things you can do. Maybe get one of those waterproof ipods for future strolls. I had to stop working out for about 9 months due to a med induced tendonitis. I wasn't even allowed to walk for exercise. But I always try to remember a passage from the "Body for Life" book. It's on page 128 & talks about 2 brothers Jamie & Barry. A few years before Barry dove into a lake & broke his neck, paralyzing him from the neck down. A few years after that Jamie was complaining to Barry about how hard it was to try to get in shape, how he didn't like getting on the treadmill or doing weights, that he hated it. Barry responded that he would give anything in the world to be able to run on a treadmill, to flex his muscles, to feel them getting stronger, to HAVE THE CHOICE his brother had to move, lift, or run. Jamie said he'd never felt so selfish in all his life...that he was complaining that exercise was an inconvenience or a "pain." That was his turning point & he never missed a workout after that.

I know it's hard when you have set backs, but hang in there, don't give up. I just try to be thankful for all the things I CAN do, instead of focusing on what I can't.