Calling all Chocoholics!

Options
Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to cut down on chocolate/sweet cravings?

I am trying to eat more healthily but my fiancé isn't willing to try so theres always chocolate in the cupboard! I am really good otherwise, but I cant resist my sweet tooth!

Replies

• dani8982
    dani8982 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you can ever do away with the cravings, but I keep a bag of Hershey kisses (mine are dark chocolate) handy and if I just have to have something, I'll get one and suck on it not chew it, make it last a little longer and limit myself to 2. If I remember right, that's 40 calories and better than eating half a pan of brownies ;)
  • RecoveringToHealthy
    RecoveringToHealthy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! Right now I'm just trying to eat chocolate once a day (I'm really that addicted!) but in moderation, like a little piece of dark chocolate, or a thin layer of Nutella on a piece of bread. Works pretty good.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I swapped to plain chocolate with a really high cocoa solid content. I only need one or two squares and I'm satisfied because it's richer... plus it's healthier, less sugar and has loads of antioxidants in it
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I find if I have a little chocolate every day, I don't crave it, and won't binge on it from depriving myself. Trader Joe's 100-cal dark chocolate bars, Planters Almond Chocolate Crunch nut mix, TastyKakes, ice cream--all 100-200 calorie snacks that easily fit into my daily goals, keeping me sane while able to stick to enough of a deficit to lose weight.
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I suggest replacing the chocolate in the cupboard with bittersweet dark chocolate instead. It has half the sugar of milk chocolate which should make you crave less sugar over time.

Also, Walden Farm's has a zero calorie chocolate sauce that I use when i want chocolate without the sugar and calories. I add it to oatmeal and it really does satisfy my chocolate craving.
  • shortlean
    Options
    Almost everyday for lunch I eat a Swiss Chocolate meal replacment shake from GNC and that's my chocolate fix for the day.
  • dedicated2014
    dedicated2014 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A little bit of dark chocolate here and there isn't a bad thing. :)
  • violagurl117
    violagurl117 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! Yesterday my fiance and I decided to buy a Hershey bar and I ate two squares and he ate the rest. About 35 calories for 2 squares, plus I couldn't be tempted to eat more because my fiance ate the rest lol.
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I fit it in :) Today I had worth of 400 calories of chocolate and stayed 1 calorie within my limit :D I used to say I couldnt have any, but now Im losing again after allowing my self whatever I want to eat as long as I get adequate nutrition in my main meals.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yes, you called?

I just eat 85% cacao chocolate and that just satisfies me.
    Sometimes, I go hard and eat 100% cacao. It's super bitter.

Try it :)
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have switched over to dark chocolate since it is healthier than milk chocolate. As well, I find it fills me up faster so a few pieces usually satisfies my craving. ~
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Citrus green tea pretty much does it for me :)
  • sarab99
    sarab99 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm never giving up chocolate! Love dark chocolate and just limit myself to a little each day. Love Brookstone dark chocolate acai with blueberry, goji, etc. and you get a pretty decent amount for the calories. Besides dark chocolate is healthy ;)
  • sharon_moyer
    Options
    If you have a sweet tooth for chocolate than may I suggest DARK chocolate. Chocolate is a weakness of mine and I figure if I want chocolate then it MUST be DARK chocolate because that's healthier.
  • meglet175
    meglet175 Posts: 98
    Options
    I can't live without chocolate! I make shakes with chocolate protein powder -- and they satisfy my chocolate cravings. For one of my favorites, I add 1T PB, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 T cocoa, crushed ice, and water to a scoop of choc protein powder. For the other, I add 1 T Nutella, 1 t. instant coffee, 3/4 cup milk, and crushed ice to the protein powder. They are both so yummy, and the protein keeps me full and happy for a few hours.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    AngelicxAnnihilation Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have to keep it out of my house or I'll eat it -.- I heard an idea somewhere that if you take a box and get your fiancé to put all the things that you don't want to eat that he does(chocolate, chips, whatever) and you put it under the counter you don't usually use so it's out of sight and it's out of your mind. Also, I think that I've someone who doesn't eat a lot of sweets or is trying to cut back, they should find something very good to eat instead of like a regular candy bar from the store. My friend Judy also recommended to me eating a spoon full of chocolate sauce or buy a skinny cow chocolate bar. Meglet as a great plan with the protein shakes, but I'm not familiar with those yet :P Whatever you think you can hold yourself accountable to, good luck :)
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Choc Ice Bars are surprisingly light on calories but satisfy that chocolate craving and take longer to eat!
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I eat a little bit of chocolate every day. Keeps me sane and happy. :)
  • arowan04
    arowan04 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree with eating chocolate at least once a day. Portion it out so you don't over indulge. This is the only thing that keeps me from eating a whole cake in one sitting.
  • emelia_
    emelia_ Posts: 91
    Options
    I eat a half a bar of chocolate everyday, I love it too much and the dark kind is good for you! I usually half it with my tea and break it up into smaller pieces so it lasts longer and I can really enjoy it instead of just devouring it in a couple minutes, and the tea fills me up so I don't want more. :) Hope this helps!