New to MFP

Options
Hi everybody. I started this on Monday actually but today is the first chance I've had to look at the community forums. I've tried various weight loss tactics since I was in my 20s. Then all I had to do was restrict my food for a couple days and I'd lose 5 pounds without trying. Ah, the glory of a 20 something metabolism! Left college and joined the army. Lots of exercise so no problem with weight. Left the military, married, had a baby. The day I delivered I was 220 pounds but I figured the extra weight would melt off. I did lose back o 130 pounds but at the expense of my health. I stopped eating or I would vomit after meals to rid myself of the calories. I got very sick and my husband figured out what was going on and helped me to stop that.

So, got healthier, started exercising, had another baby, kept exercising and things were good for awhile. Then I turned 40, developed a thyroid problem, had a hysterectomy, and developed a lack of hormones problem. Yippee for me! Over the last 8 years I've gained 30 pounds and nothing has seemed to help. I started this journey at 160 pounds although I don't look that heavy. I was a power lifter in college and do have a bit more muscle than average under my padding. That helps. Also have been studying martial arts for 9 years which helps too. But I'm tired of feeling tired, heavy and slow. I want my clothes to fit instead of always replacing with bigger sizes. And I don't want diabetes like my mom, brother, and father.

So here I am trying to make this time a success. Hope some of you come along for the ride!

Replies

• RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site keeps me accountable which is huge for me. I am 49 and don't want to be fat and fifty. The support you will find here will also help you on your journey to success!! Good Luck, Tracy :)