Is your MFP projected weight loss accurate?

Options
Wondering if you find that MFP correctly projects your weight loss at the end of your day. My "if every day were like today you would weigh...." Seems to be exaggerated. Also, I never lose as much as MFP says I should based on calorie consumption. This week I am almost 7,000 calories under goal ( or 2 pounds) because of exercise but I gained this week. How closely do you pay attention to the info MFP gives you?

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Wondering if you find that MFP correctly projects your weight loss at the end of your day. My "if every day were like today you would weigh...." Seems to be exaggerated. Also, I never lose as much as MFP says I should based on calorie consumption. This week I am almost 7,000 calories under goal ( or 2 pounds) because of exercise but I gained this week. How closely do you pay attention to the info MFP gives you?

It is not acurate for me at all because I eat at a deficit from my TDEE and MFP thinks I will gain weight.
  • Kate1368
    Kate1368 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It would never be accurate for me, because it starts out "If every day were like today...." I NEVER have the exact same calories/exercise every day.
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Worked for me about the first month or so...then it slowed and I plateaued..and got discouraged :-(
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I once noticed that I lost more than MFP predicted,I lost 3 kg in 1 week and MFP said I'd lose about 1 kg. However,I think that only happened because I made a really big change,I actually started eating a lot less than I was used to,so that's probably why I lost that much.
    After that I never really paid much attention to it,because my calorie intake varies from day to day.
    I don't think you should rely on MFP's predictions because nobody really loses the same amount of weight every week and nobody really eats exactly the same all the time. The prediction could be a guide line,just to keep you motivated,but you shouldn't take it too seriously.
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It's not accurate for me at all. My rate of weight loss is far slower sadly!
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    It's about as perfect as I am...which is to say not very
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I realized long ago that it isn't. I don't even look at it anymore.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    It's about as perfect as I am...which is to say not very

This^^^^, All we can do is keep on keeping on and taking what results we get, some weeks good some weeks not so much.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm actually losing a little faster than the projection.
  • Rikki007s
    Rikki007s Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Not accurate. My weight loss is much slower than they predict.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Not at all for me. I never even come close to what it says. :sad:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Mine was never accurate. This is why I think there is more to the equation than calories in vs. calories out. There are lots of hormones that make up our metabolisms, not to mention water weight.
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like seeing it because it's motivation, but I know it's completely wrong. It's also a great kick in the butt when I have bad days and it says if I eat like this everyday I will weigh (more than I do now!)
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I think it's inaccurate.
  • julie2407
    julie2407 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've actually been tempted to record daily what MFP says I will weigh in five weeks, average it, and then compare that to my actual weight in five weeks. I guess you have to allow for some inaccuracy in logging and in exercise calories as well. Somebody do the experiment (I'm too uncommitted to remember to record that for a whole five weeks).
  • kjadkins428
    Options
    Mine is set to lose 1/2 lb per week, and my first week I lost 1.4. But I know this trend will probably not continue. I don't need to lose 1/2 lb a week to be happy, I just want to see a consistent downward trend.
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Mine is laughable most days. Only in my dreams am I losing that fast.
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Inaccurate.....
  • kholcomb51
    kholcomb51 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I read it and say "Hah. Yeah, right. I wish." And go on. And I am pretty close to the same cals in/burned most days.
  • pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Definitely doesn't seem accurate, unfortunately.