I ripped my pants...

Options
Hi all! My name is Erin and I just turned 30 years old. I downloaded the MyFitnessPal app almost a year ago, but just started using it when I reached the most awful of milestones... I tore a hole in my jeans because they were too tight. And they were size 28, the highest most plus-size stores go.

Ordering clothes online because I'm too big for regular stores would probably be the lowest point in my life. I refuse to do it. So I've made a pretty significant effort to start eating well, and MyFitnessPal has really been a great tool to use. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now, and I've lost 8 lbs so far by keeping track of what I eat, setting realistic goals, and adding a bit of exercise into my otherwise sedentary lifestyle.

I'm hoping to meet people who are in a similar situation where we can encourage each other to keep going. My weight has gone up and down ever since I can remember, but a few weeks ago I was at my all-time high. I need to make a change that will last my whole life, instead of a year or two before I give up.

So that's it, I hope to speak to some of you soon!
Erin

Replies

• Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Sounds like you are on the right path! Be sure to take before and after pics
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking that first step! I can remember when my size 28's were to tight and I was reduced to only wearing things that stretch! It seems like a long road to go, but you will get there! I keep plugging away at mine. I still have another 70 pounds to go before I hit my goal...but hit it I will! :happy:
  • trevebyn
    trevebyn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I once tore my size 32 trousers. yesterday i bought size 16's! You can do it if you keep going and remember that it took years to get to this size and it will take a long time to lose it. feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Glad you came back to MFP. A lot of nice people ready to motivate and give great advice on here :) I will send you an add :)
  • evilfairies
    evilfairies Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking that first step! I can remember when my size 28's were to tight and I was reduced to only wearing things that stretch! It seems like a long road to go, but you will get there! I keep plugging away at mine. I still have another 70 pounds to go before I hit my goal...but hit it I will! :happy:

You've done great so far, congratulations! I'm glad to see it can be done :)
  • evilfairies
    evilfairies Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi I once tore my size 32 trousers. yesterday i bought size 16's! You can do it if you keep going and remember that it took years to get to this size and it will take a long time to lose it. feel free to add me :flowerforyou:

Wow, that's impressive, great job! That's a good way of looking at it, I know I personally wish I had a quick fix but I know it's going to take a long time.
  • 3182rose
    3182rose Posts: 2
    Options
    :laugh: Well thats a start! I just started too. Good luck.
  • Shim2013
    Shim2013 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi, can't say I ever tore my pants but I have felt like I had to jump off the roof of the house to fit into them at times. That is not a good feeling, so stretchy pants were next in line. If you are looking for a friend you can add me. :)