Hey everyone, ex anorexic, now a little chubby, seeks help!

Options
Hey,

So I am a student in my 2nd year at university and I have very important exams coming up. Therefore I have basically been sitting all day revising for the last month and have gained some weight( I do not weight myself but measure my thighs , stomach etc because I used to have an eating disorder)

I still have 5 weeks till my exams but really need to shift this extra weight (I reckon about 10 pounds worth) . When my doctor last weighed me in the summer (I was quite happy with my body then) I was 9 and a half stone (61kg).

My plan is to go on a low carb diet( my only carbs being fruit) and eating protein and healthy fats for 5 weeks. Exercise wise 30 minutes of cardio in the morning and 30 minutes of pilates in the evening. How much do you think I can lose?

Also is it normal to gain 10 pounds in the space of two weeks? (pics of my body as of today are in my profile) xx

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Hey, you look great in your profile picture. I wouldn't try to go low carb while studying for exams. It's not really necessary anyway, even after exams, but I think it will hurt your academic performance and cause you needless mental energy loss. Get enough protein, get enough fat, and let the carbs fall where they will. Good luck!
  • annamaria2293
    Options
    Hey, you look great in your profile picture. I wouldn't try to go low carb while studying for exams. It's not really necessary anyway, even after exams, but I think it will hurt your academic performance and cause you needless mental energy loss. Get enough protein, get enough fat, and let the carbs fall where they will. Good luck!

Thanks, yeah I was worried about having no carbs so I will instead just stay away from white carbs and eat brown rice etc if I have to!
    Aww thanks :)