Pedometer recommendations

Hi

I've had a couple of pedometers but one slipped of my waist band and fell down the toilet! The other one doesn't record any steps which is a bit disheartening when I've been on a walk. Can you recommend one, or should I just do without it?

Replies

• flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    I like fitbit. It;s a little expensive but the wireless sync to my computer and MFP makes it well worth the investment. You calibrate it to your own run and walk so it;s very accurate (always within .01miles to my GPS for runs). The syncing will allow you to adjust your calories on the fly...
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    Fitbit!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Bodymedia Fit. Much more accurate than Fitbit.
  • badjingle
    badjingle Posts: 1 Member
    Fitbit - well worth the extra money. i wear it turned inside my bra so if it should slip it will probably stay in the bra. Plus it hooks up to MPF so that is cool. Bought my first one and loved it and just purchased the new one in purple and I love that one even more. I have probably purchased at least 3 others that were not successful for me but the fitbit i wear every day - every day and to even sleep. highly recommend. love love love my fitbit :)
  • mzteebell
    mzteebell Posts: 44 Member
    Ditto! Fitbit
  • b1791
    b1791 Posts: 40 Member
    I love my Ozeri 4x3razor ...I ordered it from Amazon and it's really light and thin.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    If you're just looking for a straight-up pedo rather than a glorified one, and you don't care about heart rate numbers or calorie synching or whatever ... check out Omron. They're a proven brand and always get solid reviews.

I got the HC112 for $25 at a local drug store and just love it.
  • I know a lot of people with the same issue/s. I have worked with pedometers for a long time. Check out the following link if you get a chance. The Accusplit is my favorite... due to it's accuracy and price.

<a href="http://www.everybodyfit.com/BestPedometer.htm">Best Pedometer</a>
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Here's one to avoid - I got one from Lidl, put the batter in and it didn't work :mad: Going to get a refund.