Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

LEGS?!?!?

MyKidzMom
MyKidzMom Posts: 97
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I have to say the most horrible part of my body other than my mommy pooch are my legs! I hate them! I have big calves and just big legs......is there anything I can do to get them smaller? I realized today I can wear a size 11/13 sun dress but wouldn't dare due to the fact that I HATE MY LEGS!!!
Please help if you can.
Thanks

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Do exercises that work your legs. Squats are awesome. If you go to a gym, use the weight machines to work your legs. Also running, walking and biking make beautiful legs.

Check out these sites for exercises to do

http://health.msn.com/fitness/fit-zone

http://www.exrx.net/Beginning.html

Don't fret...it isn't going to change over night. But when you exercise, you will see the results
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Try on some leggings, or a skirt that gives you the best silouette! Take the time to try on different shapes and colors until you find one that you can get excited about and forget about your legs!
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    My legs have always been an issue, even before the rest of me got so big. I noticed while looking at my measurements this time compared to previous attempts, I'm losing more in my legs than I have before. I'm doing a lot of walking on a treadmill and riding an exercise bike. I've also really started doing squats, lunges, lots of different leg exercises.
  • jcubesmommy
    jcubesmommy Posts: 35
    nobody wants little pencil stick legs - celebrate those REAL legs with a fake tan & walk around like you own it (cuz you do)

I think of some real hotties over the ages with nice legs - the gams are usually on the plus side - but it makes little bird legged women wish for a little more meat on thier bones!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    My legs have always been an issue, even before the rest of me got so big. I noticed while looking at my measurements this time compared to previous attempts, I'm losing more in my legs than I have before. I'm doing a lot of walking on a treadmill and riding an exercise bike. I've also really started doing squats, lunges, lots of different leg exercises.

I lost 1 1/2 inches in my thighs and 1 inch in calfs in just one month. I only use the walk-away-the-pounds workouts. They aren't really just walking. Some of them use knee lifts, lunges and mini squats. I can do those without killing myself until I get ready for the more intense stuff. lol
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Run, Forest, Run! Seriously, though, running has toned up my legs magnificently. Fat went buh-bye, and I'm starting to notice dimples in my joints, and definition through my thigh & calf. I've never been much of a runner. I'm not fast. I don't even concentrate very well for extended periods. But if I can do couch to 5k, anyone can. Try it out! (www.coolrunning.com)
  • EmilyStrick
    EmilyStrick Posts: 267
    i'm sure you see your legs very differently than the rest of us would!!! but anyway....at some point i think we all have to find ways to deal with the body we have. short of surgery, there are ways. we all know that being tan makes you look thinner, and makes cellulite all but disappear. so, if you don't have time to lay out, slather on some self tanner. i don't know if you have used self tanners before, but the ones out now work very well without looking orange or streaky. after the self tan has done its job, use a luminescent lotion...something that has mica in it for some reflective sparkle. between the tan and the sheen, you should look in the mirror and be a lot happier!!!! concentrate the sheen on your shins...it will create a shapelier look.

p.s. - there are tinted body moisturizers, but i don't recommend them.....especially in the summer time....it just ends up looking like you're leaving sweaty dirt everywhere.
  • Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    I feel you on the legs, I've always had huge muscular calves. I'm only a size 4 and I still have a hard time finding boots that can fit over my calves. I have noticed though that my legs have gotten a little leaner since I took up running 3 days a week
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    I have big muscular legs myself. A lot of the time I have problems getting into jeans not because of the waist size, but because my thighs are too big! However, I did notice that when I'm running a lot my legs seem to shrink down some. I'd definately say it's worth a try (especially since a few others recommeneded it).

Don't get too down over them though. I guess I'm strange, but I really like my legs (I'd love them if I could get the fat off my inner thighs! :laugh:) lol but try different exercises and see what works for you. In the mean time, just try to embrace them and think of all the things they help you to do instead of how much you would like to change them. :smile:

Good luck!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,975 Member
    The best workout I've ever done to slim down my legs is Slim in 6. I can't recommend it strongly enough for what it does for your legs! I alternate between that and P90X, because I like what X does for my upper body.
This discussion has been closed.