365 Days...and still going**with pics

Options
Do you remember in school, when you knew that you did a crappy job on a project or a paper, but were still hoping for a more optimistic grade, only to have the glaring red marker/pen highlight the mistakes and oversights you had made on said project or paper? Do you have that vision? My doctor’s approach had a similar affect on me. On April 19th, 2012 I went into my doctor’s office and she circled my age and my weight- in red no less. I knew I had not been taking care of myself, and yet was hopeful that it wouldn’t be as bad as it actually looked when it was noted on paper. She talked to me about having a surgical procedure so that I could begin to lose weight. This was the moment. You know those moments in your life where one has to decide to either *kitten* or get off the pot. I got off the pot.

My initial motivation was to set a good example for my child, improve my relationship with my partner, and to buy clothing in any store that I wanted. I have achieved all of the above; in addition, the most important achievement has been my overall health enhancement. In order to come even close, I had to say good-bye to many of my bad habits. I began by simply following the calorie counter on MFP. Then I slowly began to incorporate minimal exercise into my daily activities. The weight just started to come off.

When I started this process I weighed in at 253 lbs with a BMI of 43.4
One Year Later and my weigh in is 174 with a BMI of 30.7

While I do have a ways to go, I am still proud of the success of the past year on my health and of the health in our home. We have learned how to prepare better meals for our family, incorporate daily activities into our already busy schedules, and hit the gym! We have also signed up to participate in two 5K’s this Spring and Summer which is very exciting for our family. I have discovered that a snack is NOT a bag of chips and dip and that elevenses, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, & supper is a consumption schedule left best to the Hobbits and not my metabolic system

These last few months have also rocked our family with a close family member’s diagnosis of a terminal illness. While the stress and sadness of this has not altered the course of my progression during my own health improvement journey, it has awakened yet another dynamic in the importance of taking care of one’s own health. This is our ONLY LIFE! We get one shot at it. Take care my friends, my family, my comrades, and yes- some days are harder than others, and there are some weeks where all you want to do is chuck that scale out the door-hold on, persevere through it..don’t give up, and just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming!

THEN!!
1.jpg
2-253.jpg
8-253.jpg

NOW!!!!
31bc0f95-86ed-4338-b197-63e054145e41_zps4fb41224.jpg
DSCN0227_zps61807e78.jpg
130420-160200_zps451b59ce.jpg

Replies

• Chyll88
    Chyll88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! You look fabulous!
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Well done!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Congrats my friend! You look fantastic and should be very proud! Woot woot! :flowerforyou:
  • cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow! Unbelievable difference! You look AWESOME! What a great inspiration.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Awesome job - you look great
  • JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Well done :flowerforyou:
  • Darknightswifey
    Darknightswifey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT!!! Awesome job!
  • finnvalley
    finnvalley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous and have such a pretty face! Well, well done :)
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Marvelous work! You look beautiful and I love your movie references :wink:
  • leonaedithlewis
    leonaedithlewis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Holy moley! You look great.
  • dancinmama
    dancinmama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So So So FABULOUS!
  • lajoyaria
    Options
    I'm so glad you took pictures! Look at the progress you made, amazing results! You do look fabulous and I'm sure you feel it too!
  • CharMaroc
    CharMaroc Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    wow!
  • croooz
    croooz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great work! Nice ink!
  • mjpbgtd
    mjpbgtd Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post - thank you!
    - A fellow "swimmer"
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, congratulations!
  • MRSHHJONES
    MRSHHJONES Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your inspirational story, Sarah!
  • Sarahsmiles0875
    Sarahsmiles0875 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Got one planned for the end number too. Thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement.
  • XXbrendaXX
    XXbrendaXX Posts: 169
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! I am sure with your focus and determination you will definitely make your goal weight! Yay you!! :happy:
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic!
    Continued success to you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!