Replies

• whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    congratulations! looking forward to the day I reach onederland
  • ReneaNovotny
    ReneaNovotny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cheers! I arrived in Onederland last week. Welcome to the club!
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Welcome to

♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥ ♪♪♪ ø¤º°`°º¤ø ONEDERLAND! `°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°` ♪♪♪ ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥

...where birds are singing and bees are buzzing and rainbows streak the sky....
    ...where (sugar-free) lollipops and lemon drops dot the trees....
    ...where parades of people pass waving streamers shouting "You're the best!"...
    ...where magic mirrors reflect beautiful smiling images of yourself...
    ...where it's truly hard to convey to those who don't understand
    the glorious impossible once-unimaginable expansively grand
    feeling of dancing leaping trumpeting and doing a hand-stand
    because you finally at long last with hard work long-planned
    have entered the gold and diamond-sparkled gates of ONEDERLAND!

This LAND is your LAND, this LAND is my LAND, this LAND is ONEDERLAND!
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Bet its such an amazing feeling, and an incredibly milestone!
  • Marlenymm
    Marlenymm Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    you go girl. doing great. keep it up
  • SallyaStewart11
    SallyaStewart11 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ammmmaaaaazzzing! I am so thrilled for you! I look forward to joining you in that milestone! Time for a new celebration pic!
  • jiggy_gibby
    jiggy_gibby Posts: 197
    Options
    congrats!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am waiting for the day, hopefully by next year. Good luck on your continued journey to success. :drinker:
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    Whoo-Hoo! Welcome to ONE-derland...Keep on your running shoes and stay for awhile....like, FOR-EVAH!!:-)

Absolutely! Definitely plan on this, one day at a time.
  • Pamko57
    Options
    You inspired me! Its so very hard to lose weight, and I tend to eat when Im bored. I'm 5'9 too and ever since I've turned 40 its been so hard to eat less and lose weight. How long have you been doing this? What motivated you?

I packed on weight with my last pregancy at 28. Struggled through my 30's. Made a decision to lose weight at 39. I weighed 297 on my 39th birthday. 168 on my 40th. The weight crept back up starting when I was about 48. Realizing I was only 30 pounds under my heaviest weight shocked me.

What works for me, both times, is massive amounts of cardio, light weight lifting and counting calories. The first time, I walked. Started at 2 miles, worked up to 5. Now, at 55, walking that far isn't really an option. I discovered the exercise bike I've had in my garage for 10 years. I work out on it. I worked up to 55 minutes a day, but I stalled at 206 a few weeks back. My son, the CPA/boot camp instructor said to cut back on cardio, so I did. I'm working out 32 to 48 minutes, just sort've depending on how I feel. I stay in the 13.6 to 14.5 mph zone with short bursts of up to 18 to 20 mph.
  • Pamko57
    Options
    Thanks so much! You will get here before you know it!
  • Pamko57
    Options
    Thanks so much to everyone! I really love this community. I'm not going to say I wouldn't have done this without MFP, but I will say you all have made the journey so much more fun. To those welcoming me to this side, thanks for your kind words. To those who are on their way, you can and will do it.

I'm a child of the 1970's. To use one of my favorite phrases, it's all about keepin' on keepin' on.
  • jfaironair
    jfaironair Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Dedication pays off, or so I hear!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    A BIG congrats to you ...that is a big accomplishment .......well done ....I will be joining you soon I am 18lbs away ....GREAT JOB :bigsmile:
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I bet it feels amazing. I can't wait to be in onederland again!
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am on my way to onederland too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!