I ran in Run for Boston (Calgary) today

Options
hope002
hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
Hi all!
I ran 8k in Run for Boston (Calgary) today :) here is the link to this even's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/events/499557023426176/
here is me with Trevor Hofbauer (event's organizer) and his dad.
20130420_1209041_zps72436f04.jpg
a Calgary runner that participated in Boston Marathon April 15/13, Calgary mayor Nenshi and Trevor
20130420_1054481_zps8dd14522.jpg

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    As a resident of Cambridge, and someone who was locked down yesterday and minutes away from the MIT officer's shooting Thursday night, I want to say thank you. From the bottom of my heart thank you. I can tell my story of how this week was for me, but there are thousands of people with the same story and hundreds (if not thousands) with stories worse than mine.

Seeing these runs around the nation and world, is so amazing. It's crazy to seeing the good that comes from tragedy.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    As a resident of Cambridge, and someone who was locked down yesterday and minutes away from the MIT officer's shooting Thursday night, I want to say thank you. From the bottom of my heart thank you. I can tell my story of how this week was for me, but there are thousands of people with the same story and hundreds (if not thousands) with stories worse than mine.

Seeing these runs around the nation and world, is so amazing. It's crazy to seeing the good that comes from tragedy.
    Someone posted this and brought tears to my eyes too:

"As I was running I heard a mother explaining the event to her child "this event isn't about being selfish, it's not about 'my feet are sore or my legs hurt'. It's about running for people that went through something much worse" I am definitely paraphrasing, and I missed the end as I lost them in the crowd, but it put tears in my eyes. These are the things to teach children, the morals to instill. I am proud to run in this city, and have been surrounded by so many incredible individuals today. ♥"
  • garryt1980
    garryt1980 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am sorry I missed this:(
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    made me teary
    I am doing a run for Boston next Saturday :)
  • ErinG6191
    ErinG6191 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. I no longer live in Boston (still a lifelong MA resident) but spent my college years and a few after there- have many friends and family still living in the city (all are ok) and it means so much to see the Worldwide support and love that our city have received. It is truly helping to heal the heartache...thank you again.
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome! My husbands family is all from the Boston area and have lived in the city at one time or another! So we frequent Boston on a regular basis!
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Jessimaaka
    Jessimaaka Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I have family in Boston (including a cousin, his wife and two little girls who live on MIT campus) so was following closely. I live in Canada, and two people I work with were running, one crossed 10 minutes before, one was less than a mile from crossing and her family was at the finish line. I am happy to report no physical damage to them, but am glad to hear all the positive stories coming out of this.
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    As a Newton ma resident who was on lockdown friday with my kids we thank everyone for their support. It is reassuring to know so many stand with Boston in its time of need. You all help keep us Boston Strong!
  • SwampWitch75
    SwampWitch75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm in CA now but grew up on the Cape and went to college in Boston. Thank you!
  • monilove617
    monilove617 Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    As a Boston resident my entire life, I will never forget that week. We all suffered as a community! It's unimaginable that terror would strike on our back door. It would be nice to connect with a local. Any support is appreciated
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!