Baby Steps

Options
LadyThanata
LadyThanata Posts: 91 Member
I've never jogged before....When ever I tried in the past, I'd be huffing and puffing. Today, I felt like trying, I played some good music,really loud and pushed the buttons up to 4.8 and jogged. It beeped and said " it will take 13 minutes to reach 1 mile". I said to myself "push for half mile." I pushed, then I walked incline for .25 of a mile at 3.6 incline at 10, then i brought it back down for the remainder quarter and walked flat road for .25, then I said... I got enough breath, and jogged again. 7 minutes later and a full half mile i was still going, until my BF stood behind me waiting to go swimming, I slowed myself down, but Seriously... I was Jogging!!! And I feel I could have jogged longer!

I've been spinning a lot lately for the past 2 months, and I think I've worked my endurance up, or got a pretty decent breathing technique going.

I think tomorrow, I'm going to get back on that treadmill and jog some more.... push for half mile again and see how much further i can run before needed a breather walk.

Not much of a success story, but it's baby steps.

I'm 204 lbs and 5'4.

Running is so not me that when my BF walked up the stairs he heard me huffing, and saw legs running/jogging, he said to himself " chick running, wheres Rachel." Then he said he looked up from the legs as he was progressing up the stair case and saw me and was shocked. He then stood behind me and just watched.

I kept going until I hit the half mile then I slowed my pace.

So I am pretty excited about this.

I figured baby steps- tomorrow a half mile, by next weekend a full mile and onward.

Replies

• LadyThanata
    Options
    Today- I ran 1 miles, took 13.5 minutes, then I took 2.5 minute rest walking at 3.6 mph then i ran again for 1 mile and it took 12 minutes.

I am surprised, never thought I had it in me.

I look forward to my next run.
  • happy123456
    happy123456 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well done You!!
  • toritoriprind
    toritoriprind Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! It is such an amazing feeling isn't it?! You are now hooked! Wait until you do your first 5K......you are on your way! Just do it!
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    That is great! Awesome post!! Keep up the great work and dont forget to stretch hehe :)
  • LadyThanata
    Options
    5k....

I don't even know how to find those runs? Is there a website where you can sign up.

I was throwing the idea around earlier today, because I felt if I can run 2 miles... then I can definitely work my way up to 5!

Just to be honest, I'm kinda just winging it. I have no idea how to run, begin or what not. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I did stretch afterwards and went for a long swim in the pool. I feel pretty sore in the hips tonight.

I read online that I should do some sort of cross training on the off days. So tomorrow I'm planning on doing spin class.
    I know this is a small success, but I didn't know where else to put my story.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    my DH is a runner and put me onto mapmyrun.com which allows you to put your route in and measure the distance.

You are doing great with your running and that's the way I started. Keep going!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Great job! !! You can use sites like active.com for races or just google 5k in your area. You could certainly do one as a 5k is 3.1 miles you're almlst there!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Finding your own rhythm is great! Do the spinning and think about some strength work; it will help, too. A 5k is 3.1 miles - sounds like you'll be there in no time!! For a local run. Just search on google with your town and surrounding towns and 5k. Also, active.com. Keep up the wonderful work!
  • LadyThanata
    Options
    Great job! !! You can use sites like active.com for races or just google 5k in your area. You could certainly do one as a 5k is 3.1 miles you're almlst there!
    This sounds dumb.... Sorry in advance, five k run is only three miles??

I thought it was five..... Omg, no wonder it says online you only need eight weeks... Geez
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!