The "Skinny Girl Diet" - Thoughts?

Options
So here's a 30 day diet plan I found:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6wbhxwTdF1rw1q1jo1_500.png

Just wondering if anyone has tried this, and how it went.

Also, I kind of like the idea of eating as many veggies and fruits as you like without counting the calories - but how practical is that in terms of weight loss?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• tracibrumley
    Options
    too much to think about for me...everyone is different tho, so u might love it!!
  • charvey1985
    Options
    :huh:
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Then what do you do after 30 days? I have tried all kinds of gimmick diets, and they all worked for a short period of time, then I gained the weight back (and often more). The only thing that has worked long-term for me is to eat normally, but in moderation. I don't cut any foods "out" as long as they fit in my calorie limit for the week. Don't try to rush things. By losing slowly you learn to make changes that can last a lifetime.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies have calories (fruit moreso than veggies), so you have to count them. The only "freebie" is water.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Seriously? 400cal is a typical day? I would faint and die.

There is no way I could eat another 1,000 cals worth of fruit and veg on top of that becuase I presume "veg" does NOT include potatoes, sweet potatos etc? I could probably manage another 400cals of fruit and veg tops.

FWIW, I weight watchers is calorie counting with out including fruit and veg I beleive.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Seriously? 400cal is a typical day? I would faint and die.

There is no way I could eat another 1,000 cals worth of fruit and veg on top of that becuase I presume "veg" does NOT include potatoes, sweet potatos etc? I could probably manage another 400cals of fruit and veg tops.

FWIW, I weight watchers is calorie counting with out including fruit and veg I beleive.

omg... 400 calories is my typical breakfast. I'm with you on the fainting and dying part!
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    OMG thats just wrong
  • JenniferMary_9169
    Options
    one CANNOT possibly survive on only 400 cal per day. do yourself a favor a spend some time searching thru the forums tonite. there are some stories out there of the negative effects of drastic "plans" like this diet plan you are thinking about. def. NOT. a. good. idea.
  • MistressAella
    MistressAella Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Tbh the first 4 days comprise ONE day of my caloric intake and I'm still losing weight and inches. And I'm *cough*olderthanyou*cough* lol. You'll be so much happier and still lose weight, by eating a lot more than that plan suggests. I was laughing at this the other night.... I eat 5-6 times a day, I'm never hungry and yet I'm shrinking :) I'd feel bad knowing that you were starving to get results and I could eat and get results. Eat to fuel your body. Take care of your body and the rest will come. Scoobysworkshop(dot)com has an awesome caloric calculator for whatever goal you may have. :D
  • heathermnrd
    Options
    ummmm i believe this is a pro-ana diet.....prob not a good idea. although i have seen a healthier version where you add 1,000 cals to each day so instead of 400 you have 1400...
This discussion has been closed.