Less hungry after taking vitamins/supplements?

Options
I started taking a multi-vitamin every morning along with fish oil, iron, and vitamin D supplements, and I notice that since I've been doing that, I'm not as hungry during the day. Have you noticed that too? I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that. Thanks.

Replies

• tjl153
    tjl153 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have noticed this too! I had been skipping my vitamins (multi, calcium, pro-biotic, fish oil) and I was feeling so snacky and just wanted to be eating all the time and felt more hungry than normal. My theory is that the vitamins fill the body's nutrient needs. Without them, your body is craving something it is lacking (which is probably easy when dieting), so your reaction is to crave food in order to try to get what the body needs. My theory is not backed up w/ any proof, its just what I think. As soon as I start taking the vitamins again, I'm much less hungry between meals.
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this! :smile: That theory makes sense to me, and that's what I was thinking too. I also just found a research article about omega-3 and hunger. It's called:

"A diet rich in long chain omega-3 fatty acids modulates satiety in overweight and obese volunteers during weight loss."

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0195666308004972

Well, I'm glad we found this out. It certainly helps a lot! :smile:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    I notice this too especially with the fish oil. It makes it much easier for me to stay on track.