What do YOU do to keep yourself motivated?

Options
I have this book with pictures of healthy food, fit girls and quotes that I sometimes peek into,
but I need some other ideas as well!

Please let me know what you do to keep yourself motivated! :D

Replies

• spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i look in the mirror. lol.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I don't really need to keep myself motivated because I'm living the lifestyle I have for awhile and plan to continue this same lifestyle for the rest of my life. I eat well, exercise daily and drink water (and wine).
    I'm 2 pounds away from my goal so I'm gonna start adding some cals till I'm maintaining instead of losing.
  • JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I look at Pinterest under health and fitness and see a lot of girls bodies that I want to be like. Also maybe TMI, but I think about when I do reach my long term goals, how sexy I will look naked for my husband and be able to wear all those sexy outfits and costumes and not feel self conscious about it. :)
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I look at my "before" picture.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I say "working out every day is better than being fat and unhappy every day." It's always true, regardless of how much the workout sucks.
  • fabiomuralha
    fabiomuralha Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The mirror works for me too.... lol
  • LesaLu4
    LesaLu4 Posts: 83
    Options
    Clothes are a big motivating factor for me. Trying on clothes and thinking this will look great when i lose another 5 pounds. Then i make it my goal to get into that pair of shorts or pants or whatever. Most times i don't buy anything, just try in clothes too see how they are fitting.

Also, i reward myself, most of the time with something fitness related.
  • sqrlgrl
    sqrlgrl Posts: 6
    Options
    I write down anything inspirational and post it on my wall. So when I wake up everyday...It's right there for me to read. I also prepare all my food like carrot sticks or celery sticks right after grocery shopping so they are always readily available. No excuses. :)
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Proving to myself that I can do it.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    I have reminders sent to my phone 15 times a day to get off my but. It's an APP called motivate me

I have pictures of fitness girls working out at the gym all over beside my treadmill and on the wall in front of it. Im not gonna look like them one day if I give up.

I look in the mirror.

Oh and once a week I buy something fitness related, weights, active wear, running shoes, yoga mat, magazines, water bottles ect... I always wanna try something new out.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    looking at myself and old photos!
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have reminders sent to my phone 15 times a day to get off my but. It's an APP called motivate me

I have pictures of fitness girls working out at the gym all over beside my treadmill and on the wall in front of it. Im not gonna look lie them one day if I give up.

I look in the mirror.

Oh and once a week I buy something fitness related, weights, active wear, running shoes, yoga mat, magazines, water bottles ect... I always wanna try something new out.

I need this app!
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    i look in the mirror. lol.

Pretty much this for me.

Few things motivate better than a healthy dose of self-loathing.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    WomensWorkoutChannel on YouTube has video workouts with very pretty fitness models. I want to look like them someday, so I look there for inspiration.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    think a bout the biggest loser show.
    think a bout Onderland
    think a bout new clothes
    i have an online weight loss support group
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    What keeps me motivated is knowing how awesome i am going to look this summer on the beach!
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    when i am unmotivated i ALWAYS go to the success story section and read those.. even searching before and after on tumblr seems to get me right back on the correct path.
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    The mirror, and an 8.5"x11" sheet on the pantry door with some photos of inspiring and motivating physiques. I have it captioned "Do you see this in the mirror?"
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options

I'm glad this works for you. I really am. But, that would annoy the bageezus out of me.

Lol this mornings said "instead of drinking a coffee, do push ups to stimulate your body"

The irony, I quit coffee. just as I got that reminder I was sipping on my first coffee in 2 weeks.