Fashion model, Fitness model or Freak?!!!

Options
rogerbosch
rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
Your choice.

a8v35.png

Replies

• Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    My choice for what?

The bodybuilders all look like freaks yes, I wouldn't ever want a body like that.

The fashion models all look a bit wrong, the one on the left has weird ab definition and his left pec appears about 3 times the size of his right. The middle one looks borderline anorexic, and the one on the right looks wrong because his abs are so defined but his arms are so scrawny.

Fitness model on the left looks odd, his lats are far too big in proportion to the rest of him, and his abs seem to have parted somehow. The other two have great bodies, so if I to choose it'd be one of those two, they're both a bit bigger than I'd want to be but impressive nonetheless.

Though I'm still not sure what I'm choosing or why.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Chooses the top 3 most drug using bodybuilders in our current era.
    Criticises bodybuilders in general.

Fail.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    3 from the top row please :love:
  • Zomoniac
    Options
    Drugs or not (I have no idea who is or isn't using drugs on the scene), the whole look of trying to turn into a balloon animal isn't one I find appealing.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Well considering probably 5-6 of them are not natural ( hgh insulin, anabolics,T3 etc) and have been training for a decade, it's not going to happen overnight.

I don't get the point you're trying to make.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'lll take the Fitness and Fashion row! :tongue: :flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • livinlavidaloco
    Options
    Freak
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    fashion model... (with brains please more than body)
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Meh...I'd take a normal average man being healthy than any of them
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's really ok to call bodybuilders freaks. Many of the (natural) ones are hard working guys dedicated to their profession. :/
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get into that fitness phase. I'm about a million miles off.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options

Me too!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmuscles!
  • d2391
    d2391 Posts: 110
    Options
    Fitness.. but bodybuilders are awesome aswell
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Drugs or not (I have no idea who is or isn't using drugs on the scene), the whole look of trying to turn into a balloon animal isn't one I find appealing.

Most people who lift don't want to balloon up by any means. This is the main reason some women don't lift. Because they think it will automatically "bulk them up", when in actual fact this isn't the case at all. You can lift heavy and eat at a caloric surplus, reach your goal weight and then either maintain or cut down the fat for the next months/years. A simple addition of 5lb of muscle gained and 5lf of fat loss can make a dramatic difference in an individual's composition, yet they will weigh exactly the same.

Lifting does not automatically equate making all kinds of drug looking gains. It takes a massive amount of drugs and YEARS of training to look like those 3 bodybuilders. The fittest looking guys in most gyms mainly lift weights and do only minimal cardio except maybe a few classes with friends. How many of the guys in the best shape in the gym pound the treadmill for an hour? How many of them use the cross trainer and then transfer to the ab section to do crunches for 20 minutes? Whereas pro athletes can achieve this as their job is to be fit.
  • Zomoniac
    Options
    I don't think it's really ok to call bodybuilders freaks. Many of the (natural) ones are hard working guys dedicated to their profession. :/

I certainly didn't wish to be seen to be questioning their dedication. Anyone who (through natural means) puts as much effort into reaching their goals as those people evidently do deserves respect for that hard work. I just don't like the results. Just personal preference. I like the ripped and built guy look, but within reason. Much as I generally prefer the look of girls who are pretty thin, but there are extremes where it goes from being sexy to being frankly ridiculous.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    they're all too shiny and muscular for my tastes. S: If i had to choose, i'd choose the middle fashion model :3
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Alright then but only because you said please!

I'm sure most of the difference is in their meals (and the way they're PS-ed).
    Personally I'd like the look of the fashion models… BUT… I'm pretty sure a lot of guys redefine their goals when they have reached 'level 1' and head for level 2 (the fitness model look)… And when they're THERE, they take a step further toward the freak mode.
  • alphal0b0
    alphal0b0 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My goal/wish would be to achieve Fitness Model physique.
  • d2391
    d2391 Posts: 110
    Options
    Meh...I'd take a normal average man being healthy than any of them

Lol
This discussion has been closed.