protein shake to belly fat??

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Are you in a caloric deficit at the moment?
    If you are then I would ask if you take creatine... If not its either a high intake of sodium which is causing high water retention!

I take both Creatine & Protein when I use weights, usually half a scoop of protein when doing cardio.

As someone said before, it could just be excess water weight. But thank you to evetyone with an insight :-)

When did you start taking creatine?
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    It's Whey protein, from Holland & Barrett

Whey is extremely high (like 20X higher than a glass of milk) in lactose (ok, I didn't look those figures up, but it's very high anyway, you can google it). I didn't know I was slightly lactose intolerant until I started making whey protein shakes. Lactose intolerance causes bloating. I always felt like crap after a protein shake. Now I'm using hemp protein and I never get that (I've also cut out a lot of other dairy, although it's hard because I love yogurt and cheese)

If the bloated feeling is happening right after the protein shakes, it could very well be that you are slightly lactose intolerant and reacting to the whey-based shakes.

If it's a generally feeling and not specific to the shakes, then yah probably just reaction to the weekend, drink water, eat clean... yada yada

Actually, the opposite is generally true. Whey protein generally contains a very small amount of lactose as compared to other dairy products: http://www.livestrong.com/article/305788-whey-protein-powder-lactose-intolerance/ . It all depends on the brand of course, but I'm just speaking in generalities. If you have real allergies to lactose, I'd probably seek out a whey isolate, which generally contain very little to no lactose as they are almost pure whey.

This. I'm lactose intolerant and slightly allergic to dairy, but am just fine with whey protein isolate.