Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
Anyone else take apple cider vinegar to help speed the metabolism?

Replies

• centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I take it with 8-10oz of water. I can't say I notice a HUGE increase in metabolism but it helps me recover from a long workout. Plus I feel so much better overall. The trick is to get the *organic* apple cider vinegar. Don't buy the generic grocery store kind -- you will not see many benefits.
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I bought the oraganic raw apple cider vinegar with the mother in it!
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I bought the oraganic raw apple cider vinegar with the mother in it!

Awesome! Drink it with a straw if you can. Heard it can be rough on your teeth if drinking daily. Funny how i hate apples but i love apple cider vinegar :)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Yupp, I use the organic ACV with the mother daily. I also use it topically and in my hair. Here is a little blog about some of the other benefits of ACV, http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/2012/02/health-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar-acv/
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    It has helped me with acid reflux and also water retention. I take 1 tsp in 8 oz warm water in the morning. Recently after long flight from overseas, I had swelling in my feet and legs. I drank more water but it only helped temporarily and the swelling would return at the end of the day. I took the apple cider vinegar one night and the swelling was gone and never returned.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I use it to curb the onset of sinus infections. It's a great natural "antibiotic" so to speak. Not so great once the sinus infection has already taken hold though. I have never noticed any change in my metabolism from it.
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I love Bragg's. Their liquid aminos is delicious too, great replacement for soy sauce or a nice treat on popcorn with some nutritional yeast flakes.
  • eli_802
    eli_802 Posts: 60
    Options
    is everyone here for real? i envy you. it makes me gag like no other.
  • aheimbecker1
    Options
    it gives me really bad heartburn/stomache aches
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I only use it when I have really bad stomach aches/the stomach flu. It is amazing at helping you keep things down. Don't know that I could drink it everyday though. But the organic unpasteurized kind is way less harsh than the regular stuff in the store.
  • SandiAue
    SandiAue Posts: 4
    Options
    Tried it once - GAG!! It comes in pill form - available at GNC. Maybe I'll try that.