p90x when should I expect to see a major change in my body

Options
I'm currently doing p90x clasic version and I started werk 3 yesterday. I feel much stronger and my body look better already but the scale hasn't moved. I don't have a food diary but I eat from 1500-1700 cals a day. So for those with experience im p90x when did you see a major change in your body? With a major change I mean a change that others can notice too. I know I barely started the program but I would like to get some encouragement since I'm having a hard time finding 1+hr a day to workout and usually when I have the time is after cleaning the house and doing all household chores and that leaves me out of energy. 

Replies

• jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    People started noticing toward the end of the second phase for me. You have to make it a priority......just for the 90 days, do the workout before your other chores. You really should track and weigh your food, as diet is an important part of the program . Commit yourself and the results will come. I know more that a few people that have completed the program and every single one of them had an amazing transformation. I dropped 24lbs in the 90 days.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am on my 5th round of P90X... i finished 4 rounds last year... been doing this since Feb 2012...

When i started p90x i only had about 5 lbs left to lose and basically decided to do p90x to gain muscle and change the way my body looked... honestly i started to see results in the first couple weeks.... I think this was due to already being almost at my goal weight. You can add me as a friend and see my transformation photos. I really did make p90x my priority and i am very anal about my food, i track everything all the time and try my best to always be in my calorie goal. Nutrition really is #1 here... the added weight lifting is just a bonus to give you the body you want... you really need to push yourself to the max.

If i were you i would do the workout earlier in the day and then do your chores after... I find that if i dont get my workout in early then my workout suffers cause i am too tired at the end of the day to give it my all. I know for most people this is hard to do cause you have to work during the day, but maybe do your workout right after work or something.

If you stick with it and watch what you eat there is no way that you will not get great results with p90x! Just do not give up!!!
  • rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    Alot will depend on how in tune your nutrition is. If your macros are on point, and you are lifting max weight for the exercises (muscles burns fat...period), then I would say around the 6 week mark you will start to notice significant changes. It take a couple weeks for your body to start to respond initially, but make sure you take your progress photos and compare the 30 day intervals. Also if you havent, measure yourself with a tape measure.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I notice you have very little weigh to lose. The unfortunate reality is that a lot of people will not actually notice - they are just not as tuned into your body as you are.

I lost close on 30 kg's (70lbs) before people started commenting that I looked different.

Think about it this way - the type of results people with very little weight to lose see is normally most visible when they have no (or very little clothes on. The muscles get tighter, and more defined - but if you throw clothes over it, it sort of covers it up....

I know it is hard to do - but stop worrying about others - do it for yourself. Then if other people do notice it is a bonus - the reality is we are most critical of our own bodies - and others most probably think that you are already amazing....

I have not personally done P90X, but do know people that has - and for the smaller ones - they look great in their pictures - all flexed and tight with very little clothes, but honestly if they had not told me I would most probably not noticed that they have change majorly.

Sorry if this sounds negative - please keep on doing it - but do it for yourself - for your own health, and you will feel much better in the end than if it is just about "other people"
  • Seachicken84
    Seachicken84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just started my recovery week at the end of phase two. I basically gained and lost the same pound over and over in phase one. Ended the phase down a grand total of one lb. Now as phase two draws to an end, I am down 9 lbs. BUT people started noticing how thin I was getting as well. I feel great as well. I agree with others, keeping track of food is important. Because its important to know what kinds of foods you consume, sodium and sugar intake are important to control and understand where you're at. I don't think its an accident that once I lowered my salt and sugar intake I started losing weight again. Keep the faith that you are improving in every way as you progress through the program. I congratulate you on your success and progress thus far. You've got this!
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the input

I know i have to make some changes in my diet to see greater results. I did take initial pics but forgot to take measurements
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I am on my 5th round of P90X... i finished 4 rounds last year... been doing this since Feb 2012...

When i started p90x i only had about 5 lbs left to lose and basically decided to do p90x to gain muscle and change the way my body looked... honestly i started to see results in the first couple weeks.... I think this was due to already being almost at my goal weight. You can add me as a friend and see my transformation photos. I really did make p90x my priority and i am very anal about my food, i track everything all the time and try my best to always be in my calorie goal. Nutrition really is #1 here... the added weight lifting is just a bonus to give you the body you want... you really need to push yourself to the max.

If i were you i would do the workout earlier in the day and then do your chores after... I find that if i dont get my workout in early then my workout suffers cause i am too tired at the end of the day to give it my all. I know for most people this is hard to do cause you have to work during the day, but maybe do your workout right after work or something.

If you stick with it and watch what you eat there is no way that you will not get great results with p90x! Just do not give up!!!

Wow Babsvii just saw your pics and you look absolutely gorgeous. Have you achieved this by doing p90x?
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Wow Babsvii just saw your pics and you look absolutely gorgeous. Have you achieved this by doing p90x?

Thank you :) Yes everything you see has been achieved with p90x and proper nutrition... i also do lots of mountain hiking.

The last couple rounds i did mix things up a little and started adding some of my own workouts in to it... i do all the lifting videos and plyo... on non lifting days i do hiking or HIIT's... also on legs & back day i added Deadlifts. I suggest following the DVD's as much as you can the first time or if you continue do it a couple times until you feel like you know what your body needs to achieve your goals...

I decided to do p90x cause i dont have the option to go to a gym, i live in the country and the closest gym is 2.5 hours away LOL... I think its a great workout for someone who isnt sure what to do... without p90x i would have no idea about what moves to do or how long i should be doing them... I really love p90x, i have thought of trying other DVD's but this one works and i add my own things to it now to make it work for me still :)
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It took me about 2 rounds of P90x to notice a difference, 5 to 6 months. I didnt really notice much after 3 months. After 2 rounds of P90x I joined a gym and now I do gym orientated exercises. Body weight and dumbbell exercises can only get you so far, IMO. P90x is a good starting point for fitness though.