Looking for serious buddies with arthritis

Options
Hi to all "MFP" users, I'm from Whitby, Ontario, Canada. Female in my 50's. I'm looking for buddies in the area, who log in daily, try to eat right, do home workouts, and/or gym. Also anybody with arthritis, who pumps iron, lol. Not trying to selective, but would love some buddies, who have arthritis, who understand, can support, can advise on this issue. Osteo arthritis in both shoulders, arthritis in both knees. But also, looking for just serious minded buddies in my area, who are in my age group, and any body trying to lose 100 lbs, or under. I log in daily, and I log in truthfully, even if it's bad. I workout 6 days a week, gym (Goodlife -Durham area---that means from Cobourg to Pickering), or I work out at home using Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, Ripped in 30, and Killer Abs. In the past I have trained privately with a personal trainer, and have completed P90X twice, then due to personal issues fell off the wagon for 1 1/2, and gained back 20 of the 40lb I had previously lost. Started up again January 2013, current loss is 20 lbs, pushing for 35-40 lbs more.

I'm looking for buddies, serious minded people, and if you are working out and suffer from arthritis, please request friendship too.

Replies

• MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm not in the area, but I meet all of your other requirements.

I have osteo arthritis in both knees, wrists and shoulders. I work out from home and the gym. In the house I'm doing Zumba and Nike+ fitness on my Xbox Kinect, and also just bought 30 Day Shred which I will start sometime soon. I have P90X, but want to wait until I'm in better shape before starting it. Try to get to the gym every other day when time allows.

Feel free to add me if you wish, I log on every day (Today was day 95 in a row) and am honest in my logging, even if I have an off day.
  • Mimikiai
    Mimikiai Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have osteo-arthritis, so I don't know if I qualify, but I live in Pickering, and am a member of Goodlife-Durham. I too did P90x, was in great shape, was quite serious about karate and 'fell off the wagon'. I'm looking for a workout buddy to help me stay motivated, I want to get back into shape and go back to the dojo when I can do so without killing myself.
    I'm 48, and want to lose about 45 pounds. I am a serious person, but also want to have fun when working out. But I do (so far) have great joints. Let me know!