New to my fitness pal

Options
Hello all. I'm new here but not entirely new to trying to lose weight. I'm only about 20 lbs above where I'd like to be so you'd think it would be easy, right? LOL Of course it's never easy. I've managed to get to my ideal weight a few times before but I'm never very good at staying there. I'm hoping that MFP will help me get to where I'm going and stay there. If I can make a few new friends along the way, then that's good too.

Replies

• jackiebertram65
    Options
    Ladymnlite,

Hey ! Welcome to MFP. It has been working great for me just being accountable daily really helps.

I am amazed at the protein and sugar that is in everything. I never make frozen meals or anything pre made or in a box, but fruits and vegetables have more natural sugar than I thought.

I too have been at my ideal weight at times, keep it off a year or two and eventually gain it back. I am determined to lose 20 lbs and keep it off. We just have to get it through our heads that we need to watch our calories, carbs, sugars and fats the rest of our lives !

My goal is to learn how to do this without obsessing over it, if it takes me 6 months or longer to get my weight down I don't care, I BELIEVE FOR ME LOSING TOO FAST CAUSES ME TO GO OFF AND THEN GAIN IT BACK.. So I am not obsessing about getting on the scale all the time, I am trying to forget about that.

It truly has to be a life style change or one will yo-yo again. AT LEAST THATS WHAT I THINK RIGHT NOW.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU. YOU WILL REALLY LIKE THIS SITE. IT IS VERY EASY TO FIGURE OUT.

HAVE A GOOD DAY, SMILEY
  • ladymnlite
    ladymnlite Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I'm finding that MFP has made me more aware of how many calories I was actually eating. I never knew that my "healthy" snack/ lunch of a peanut butter sandwich was part of my problem. Then I saw that it was a whopping 310 calories! Yes, I need the whole grain and the protein, but now I know better than to eat more than one of these a day.

I'm only on day 2 and I feel like I've learned so much already just by becoming more aware of what I'm actually eating.