Anyone tone/get rid of extra belly skin?

Options
My main problem area is my stomach. When I had my son in Nov 2010 I was left with stretch marks and extra skin and extra skin. The stretch marks have faded and I can simi handle them. Now the extra skin on the other hand is HORRIBLE! Fast forward to july 2012 we quit smoking (for the second time) and I gained another 10-15 lbs all in my stomach. I have rolls and then that bottom flab pouch that is like a flap if I grab it! I am not really that big but I literally have like a flap! UGH anyway I have very self conicous ab my stomach.. No shirts seem to look right etc (don't even want to think ab a swim suit of any kind )! So I was wondering if anyone has lost the extra skin while loosing weight? Will it eventually tighten up? I have been working out and eating right to hopefully loose weight and feel better ab myself but sometimes it is sooo discouraging. If I lose the extra weight will that help with the extra skin atleast some or the appearance some?

Replies

• 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've had two kids; in fact, I was about 3 months pregnant with my first son when you had your child. So far, since I've taken control of it so quickly, it seems to be bouncing back. (My second son is only 11 weeks old.)
  • WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Clean eating and toning/strengthening exercises are helping me. I do FitnessBlender Abs and Obliques workouts about 3x week in addition to daily cardio. Strengthening your core is very important! I am a 42 y-o mother of two and muscles are starting to show in my stomach that I haven't seen since my early 20's. I also ensure I am getting those good fatty acids in my diet-- to include taking daily CLA supplements. I'm also sticking to food-logging/calorie control.... I'm not militant but I mean it!

All of this together has proven really great results over the past four months. It's a slow, uphill battle but it's possible!