For those of you who have it your GOAL weight !

Options
I've been at my goal weight roughly about 2-3 weeks now. I have spent the last year and a few months focusing on" losing" weight. My goal now, in general, is to tone and to continue to challenge myself physically. I'm just wondering what are all of you that have met your goal weight doing at this point? How are you doing with your calories and exercise? How are you mentally? Are you buying new clothes? All comments welcomed. CONGRATS on your accomplishment !!!!!! :drinker:

Replies

• volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    long story......................
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    so basically what i did to lose weight was a mixture of all sorts of things. longest was low carb. i kept carbs at 20-30 and cals at 1200-1400. for a year. i found i really lose weight best on low carb. then i started eating carbs again.found out i can maintain my weight while eating carbs!! happy about that. gained about all in all 5 lbs back since then , but nothign major. now to maintain i just watch calories and exercise for stress relief. seems to be working for me so i think ill go back to eating my green beans now. FR me if youd like. alwasy happy for maintinence buddies. just add a message. peace
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    I've been at my goal since December, and like you, I shifted my focus to continuing to build my fitness. I got into strength training (wish I'd done that during the weight loss instead of just cardio), which I really enjoy. I continue to log on MFP, but it's more of a meal planner/day planner type logging at this point. I calculated my TDEE and use that method, so when I log my exercise, I don't bother about the calories; I just want to track my activity.

Mentally, I'm relaxed and just enjoying this new phase. However, earlier in maintenance, I did still have times where I was stressed. For one, I lost weight beyond my goal when I hadn't intended to, and I felt confused about how many calories I should consume - it took time and research to figure it out and stabilize. Then there was the fear of regaining, but I was finally able to accept that yes, the journey was really over & I'd done it, and the fat wasn't coming back. I bought some new clothes toward the end of my weight loss, but I really need more now. Just waiting 'til the budget will allow it!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal weight!!!

For me, I am technically not there yet, but almost. I honestly don't even have a goal weight, but rather a goal body fat percentage and a goal clothing size. I will figure out what my weight is when I get to those goals and say that whatever it is, THAT is my goal weight, lol.

When I get to my goal body fat percentage, I plan on increasing my calorie goal to about 100-200 above my TDEE (which is currently 2150, so I'd be eating around 2300ish), reducing the amount of cardio to next to nada, and concentrate on weight lifting. I want to do a "clean bulk" to add some muscle to my physique without gaining too much size, just enough to look awesome, lol. I have many goal physique pictures, and a couple of the most famous ones are of Jamie Eason (just so you can get an idea of what kind of "size" I am talking about).

After that I will cut back to about 2000 calories to shed the excess fat that came with the muscle, and I will then maintain by eating at TDEE and doing my weight training with minimal cardio. (I don't do cardio for calorie burn, but rather for all the other awesome benefits of cardio such as heart and lung health)

With every size I lose, I do go shopping. I am currently wearing size 5/6 shorts, jeans, and dresses and mainly size small with some medium tops. My goal is to get down to a 1/2 before starting the bulk and then going no higher than a 3/4.
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I just kept on cruising past the finish line two months ago and am now at three quarters of the way from my goal weight to my lowest since age 20, during which time I was almost always at my regular weight, so that's my goal. An exception was the last few years, but no longer. Sticking to my calorie level and keeping processed food to a minimum. I don't go to the gym, but move around a great deal during the day. Spent a couple of hours this afternoon trimming hundreds of leaves off the New Zealand flax plants in my yard. Mow the lawn manually etc. So much money saved!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss in February of 2011, reached my goal in November 2011, and have been maintaining and actively logging ever since.

The first part of maintenance was figuring out how much I could eat and tracking my weight fluctuations to see what my normal range throughout the day was. I tracked my long term trend, and I found I actually needed to eat 50-100 calories/day more than the MFP or online calculators estimated to maintain. Because I work a sedentary job and my exercise can vary wildly from week to week, I use sedentary plus exercise calories for my target instead of the TDEE method.

My goals now are building strength, increasing muscle/decreasing fat, and increasing my cardiovascular fitness. I'm trying my first bulk/cut cycle to work on the muscle/fat composition. I'm current in a bulk, eating 100-200 above my maintenance level, and then I'll do a cut after I gain 5-10 lbs. I've also been more serious about my weight training and am starting to see some good results. I'm also doing my first run, a 5k mudrun, next weekend.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i started in july 2012, maintaining since about... november? not sure but anyways its hard .. losing weight and cutting calories was the easier part mentally. i only lift weights now (no cardio.. i only used cardio to make a deficit)... ive been trying to eat more so i can bulk and then do a cut but thats hard for me.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am slowly upping my cals and started working out to tone and feel better. I am also in need of shopping for my bottom half because I stored most of my fat there and now everything I have is too big.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    yup, slowly added more calories until I found the balance. I've been maintaining for a month..
  • amiscci
    amiscci Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 years old, about 5'6", and about currently 114-116 lbs. I reached my goal weight in January, then took myself off some medications (Birth control, and off my blood pressure meds too, yay!) and very quickly lost even more. So, I'm about 5 lbs less than my goal now for the last two-three months. On one hand, I enjoy my new-found skinniness, but on the other recieving too many negative comments on being too thin and I'm trying now to smartly gain a few pounds. I'm finding myself quite tired too, and think I agree that a little bump up is warrented. Hopefully a small increase is as easy to manage. I still remember when I lost 20# in college, then celebrated with some Burger King and it was all downhill from there :-) That one day still in my memory!

I found it relatively easy to lose the weight (almost exactly 1 year, slow and steady at about .5# per week, lost about 38#) and bought new clothes as I went along (my next door neighbor reaping the benefits of my losses!) I am eating really well in general, and am rarely really hungry (except for right before dinner). I'm re-setting my calories for lightly active (I work out 3x a week) and for 118# and seeing how things progress...