Sharing the love - an introduction !

Options
Hi everyone! Sorry if this introduction gets a bit lengthy. I've been on these boards in the past - proved to be yet another failed attempt at a lifestyle change. However, today is a new day, and after much internal struggle I realize that I really need to change things. I've recently sought counseling for an array of 'problems,' ranging from body image issues to anxiety and depression, but I know the source of all this negative energy is in my own mind. I have my entire life at my fingertips - it is senseless and sad to let my body and mind rot away into a sorrowful oblivion. People are capable of great things. I feel like I am just waking up.

I reach out to this community because I cannot do this alone. I want to lead a fulfilling life, become a true humanitarian, a lover of others and a lover of myself. But baby steps, baby steps...from the bottom of my heart, I sincerely look forward to becoming a part of this community, and may we all reach our goals. Much peace and love ~

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It is always nice to have a fun place to log, chat, share ideas. =)

One of my favorite quotes that I try to stick by when I fall off the healthy wagon:

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.
    How do we change our health? One bite at a time!

x wink x
  • mspasdechat
    mspasdechat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the quote. Very true indeed
  • QTN10
    QTN10 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi welcome back, we all have our rough points with dieting here and there but like you said everyday is a new day and thats a good way to look at it! Im just coming back myself but this time ive linked my fit-bit account and myfitnesspal account together I must say dieting isnt that hard if you get one of these devices because just some of my daily activities alone can count as an exercise allowing me to be able to eat a little more in the day, I would really suggest getting one of these devices if I were you because it may make your journey a little more easier. I linked the website below if you want to take a look, I'm also willing to help (within my range of knowledge) if you have any questions about dieting as well.

http://www.fitbit.com/
  • andysmom
    andysmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.
    How do we change our health? One bite at a time!

Great quote! Here's one of my faves: "There is always another chance for us, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."