CARBS

Options
I have found that i now crave carbs so much. Literally i crave the feeling/texture/taste of carbs like biscuits and bread and pasta and all those really satisfying foods.
I used to crave chocolate before MFP and before i realised how many carbs i was eating a day, but unlike chocolate or sweet cravings, i cant find any substitute to try and satisfy it!

Ive tried different methods of trying to satisfy the craving, like upping my protein throughout the day.
I can only think that its pyschological - i know i have to limit carb intake so i want it more.

Replies

• KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I would suggest eating more whole grain carbs like whole wheat and whole grain foods. I find eating almonds really helps with the cravings. Not all carbs are bad and if you avoid the simple sugars and white flour products you will fill full longer and your cravings should definitely decrease. I have been on an eating plan where I do not eat any sugar other than what is in fruit and only whole grain or brown rice products. I feel great and have had success losing weight.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    try getting your carbs from vegetables instead of breads, or try sprouted grain bread if you have to eat it.