Older or younger?

Options

Replies

• Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    People have always thought I'm younger. A couple of stories:

1. When I was 7 (nearly 8) I got into Disneyland for free (5 and under back in the early 90s could get in for free).
    2. When I was in 3rd year uni (aged 20), I was asked at a skating rink what grade I was in by a teenager.
    3. When I was 16, I was able to get the salad bar cost at a 12 year old (instead of paying adult fare at age 16).
    4. I get carded EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to go to a club (I'm 30).
  • LumpyLynn222
    Options
    Younger x
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I just realised, a lot of people assume i'm their age! My colleagues I consider older than me (mid 40s) think I'm their age, a 20-something I met on a bus thought I was her age, my friend couldn't believe I would turn 38 this year because she thought we were the same age :laugh:

I guess everyone just wants to be like me :laugh:
  • IFlover90
    IFlover90 Posts: 62
    Options
    People think I am like 18, 19.

I am 22.
  • Einahhh
    Einahhh Posts: 139
    Options
    People seem to think I look younger than I am (I'm 20), however, I hardly ever get asked for ID when I'm buying alcohol. Maybe they're just lazy. Or maybe it's because I'm holding my car keys.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    well it has to b older lol but dont feel like it
  • sunshineblue1
    sunshineblue1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Older.....pregnancy runs havoc on my skin and the weight doesnt help

I am 28 and i have had people put me at 32-36 .......

I remember feeling devastated and thinking if i dont do something about my weight and my skin and my general health ppl will think my hubby has arrived with his mother as opposed to his wife
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    When I was teenager, people thought I was older. However as I get older, people tell me that I look younger :happy:
  • elrickis1337
    elrickis1337 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    im definatly looked at as older, im going to be 30 in may but im already bald lol also i think me running a resturant since i was 22 as the GM helped people think im older than I am
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I've had both. Some think I'm younger and I get carded all the time. One time though I went to look at houses and the lady thought my boyfriend was my son! In my defense he looked like he was a really tall 14 year old...
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I will be 32 this year, always get younger...typically around 25
  • kMcMahan2010
    Options
    Most people think I'm younger. I am 21 but could pass for 13/14 without makeup and my hair done. With makeup and my hair done most people think I am 16/17.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    younger. I met a girl the other day and she asked me how old I thought she was. I said 24, 25 and she was only 17!! Sheesh.
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Much younger .. im 30 in June :( but most people think im in my early 20's :) i was just blessed i guess
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    About the age I actually am. But for so long people thought I was older... now that I AM the age people thought, it finally aligns! Lol.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    For the most part, people in polite society are going to tell you that they think you're younger than they actually think you are by about 3-5 years. So whenever someone tells you they thing you're x age, what they're actually thinking is that you're x+5 years.

It's social lubricant.
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Someone on here guessed that I was in my 40s. So I guess older, these days. :ohwell:

It wasn't but 7 or 8 years ago, people still mistook me as being in high school (almost 35 now, so I was in my late 20s). Guess my age has finally caught up with me.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Younger

I'm 41 and people always guess younger. It's tiresome.
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Younger, which makes it hard to buy booze, always need my papers for that. It's annoying.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm always assumed to be younger...it's a family gene ;-)