Leslie Sansone DVD

Options
2»

Replies

• disneyrosen5
    Options
    My hips joints were killing me the first couple of times I did the dvd, but its not so bad now and I do feel fitter even though I only been doing it for 5 days. I'm quite lazy exercise wise and could'nt find anything I would enjoy doing until I spotted a advertisement for Leslie's DVD. I bought the 2 mile express workout which I'm enjoying at the moment.

Stabenowrj - I've hidden the scales as it was getting to be a habit stepping on them morning and evening nearly everyday without fail. Hopefully I can last the month and have a good result at the end of it.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Walmart has some of her dvd's for like 10.00 each .... I just bought the ultimate one and the one with resistant bands there
  • shamrockit
    shamrockit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use her 2 mile and love it. If you have an amazon.com account you can watch some of them instantly...most are about $1.99-$2.99. It's a good way to try them before you buy for keeps. :)
  • purupurugyunyu
    Options
    From another person with ankle and knee joint issues I would recommend Leslie's DVDs. Also, great for beginners wanting to get on the exercise train with encouragement and simple moves. Leslie is very encouraging, her routines are easy to learn, and her workouts are very low impact.

I can also attest to the "no excuses" portion as she has some routines that let you do a mile in about 15 minutes meaning you can do them before and after work, etc. The main thing is to get moving and to get encouraged to do more - her videos are great for both! I have used her videos to maintain, get back into exercise, and for those days when I need to take it somewhat easy as her videos offer a variety of options and configurations. Good luck and I hope you find the best happy making movement for you!
  • noura80
    noura80 Posts: 47
    Options
    From another person with ankle and knee joint issues I would recommend Leslie's DVDs. Also, great for beginners wanting to get on the exercise train with encouragement and simple moves. Leslie is very encouraging, her routines are easy to learn, and her workouts are very low impact.

I can also attest to the "no excuses" portion as she has some routines that let you do a mile in about 15 minutes meaning you can do them before and after work, etc. The main thing is to get moving and to get encouraged to do more - her videos are great for both! I have used her videos to maintain, get back into exercise, and for those days when I need to take it somewhat easy as her videos offer a variety of options and configurations. Good luck and I hope you find the best happy making movement for you!

I agree..

I have both 1 & 2 miles DVDS and I've only did the one-mile video. I'm starting to exercise again after stopping for 3 months and I like the video posted on ExerciseTV.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I usually do the 5 miles 3-4 days week but iv slacked off for 2-3 weeks and now its too hard for me. Im going to do the 3 mile workout from youtube at 45mins 4 days a week plus some little weights exercises from youtube. I have weak painfull knees and this is the only thing that helps to loosen them up and make them feel better. It toned my legs and hips up so well!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Leslie Sansone! Her personality/attitude just makes me smile all during the work-outs, even though I've heard them a million time. I have a huge collection of Leslie Sansone dvds, but continually go back to my favorite called "Walk Strong". I love it because it's easy :blushing:...a quick relatively easy 2 miles AND I love the intervals in between the walks.

Often when I'm outside walking and I'm getting tired...I hear her happy go lucky voice in my conscience saying "EN-ER_GYYYYYYY"!!!!
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My favorite LS video is her older 3-mile-with-weights one. No weird 'resistance band' nonsense that you have to wrap around yourself while working out - just simple hand weights that anyone has or can get - and if you don't, you can start without them, or use soup cans or whatever.

I'm not even particularly overweight or out of shape...just a little of both...but I find this workout is as challenging as you make it. I think the weights really add 'work' to the workout. I know that I'm sweating and feeling it by the end of the 45 minutes, if I've put effort into it.

I also like that the moves are *basic*. They are not complicated or confusing, and best of all, they don't make my knees hurt (like Jillian did - sorry, JM!).

It's not P90X, but then - it's not supposed to be, either! It does get you moving, it does get you burning calories, and I know that my fitness improved. If your goal is to be some kind of fitness model, I wouldn't recommend it, ha ha, but if your goal is just to get moving, not hurt yourself, and start somewhere, I would *definitely* recommend Leslie.
  • bodyrightdiva
    Options
    I started the walk away ur waisteline on last thursday and I love it! I do the 2mile a day DVD, I will be doubling up on it tonight! I lost 3.8 lbs in less than a week
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm getting her 5 mile walk with "boosters" today, I have weights and it comes with bands. I need something around an hour that is fast but not pounding. Will report back when I'm done. : )
    http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansones-Walk-At-Home/dp/B000QCU516/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have a few of her dvd's. I used her 2 mile walk back in the day after my second baby. It helped me get my energy up. I am just starting to get focused on my weight loss and recently dusted off her dvd's. I have the 3 mile too. There is something great about the way she makes you feel. I have had a few great workouts with the 3 mile and when I just want a "boost" at the end of the day I will do the easy 1 mile.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm getting her 5 mile walk with "boosters" today, I have weights and it comes with bands. I need something around an hour that is fast but not pounding. Will report back when I'm done. : )
    http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansones-Walk-At-Home/dp/B000QCU516/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I have that one, walk away your waist line and it's terrific! I'm doing Walk Strong today, but will do that one tomorrow--thanks for posting this!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I love her DVDs!! I do the 2, 3, & 4 mile workouts. I also the old Tae Bo dvds so for me, it's mainly Walk-Away-The-Pounds and some Tae Bo.
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    I just borrowed a couple of different DVD's from a friend of mine and it's a great way to get in a walk when it's not nice weather out. And my kids love walking right in the living room too! =) I've only done it twice so far but plan to incorporate it more often.
  • debraran1
    Options
    I just did the 5 mile advanced and feel good...I had a stressful day and did a little more in some segments with moving but it was nice to have her bring you through an hour...never seems as long as when I do it myself.

I like how she has so many different bodies too...I see "Maria": and think, that's me soon. ; )

I look forward to trying the other segments soon.
  • dqgirl1
    dqgirl1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i have really enjoyed her videos!! I do all 5 miles and sometimes add another mile. they are a little easy for me know so I jog in place each time she says walk and weight all my limbs...talk about pouring sweat after 1.5 hrs!!! to spice it up try and boost the entire 5 miles...it wont be "easy" anymore;) she is just so fun
  • debraran1
    Options
    That's what is so good about her DVD's, you don't need complicated moves, that is just for variety, I'd rather concentrate on keeping heart rate up and not tripping. : )

I also do more on her DVD';s than she does, she tells you too, keep jogging if you want, I use the belt more. I do need lighter weights than 5 lbs for the length of the DVD though, my arms get too tired.

She's just so nice, you want to walk with her.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Check out youtube for Leslie Sansone workouts. There are several full length workouts on there. I did a 2 mile one tonight. There are at least 1, 2, 3 and 5 mile workouts on there. Wish I had thought of youtube before buying the workouts! Btw, at least 2 of those are done for youtube, not just someone uploading a copy of the dvd they purchased.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Just at 3 years. 80 pounds +/-
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone! I have done her "Walk Away the Pounds" many times over the years. I can't say for sure how much of my Weightloss is due to the video but anytime you are up and moving, you are burning calories, whether it is Leslie or Richard Simmons! Do it...you'll love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!