What do you eat when you don't feel like eating?

Options

Replies

• dark_angel1554
    dark_angel1554 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Usually tea or soup or something...nothing too heavy.
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    ...don't feel like eating?

What is this I don't even
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    This very rarely happens to me, so when it does I take it as a low day. I'm usually really hungry the day after and make up for it! If you want to get something in a protein shake probably is a good idea.

Zara
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I have a few staple items that I use for these moments. They might be weird, but hold on. lol

- green beans with salsa on top
    - can of chicken or tuna with relish on top
    - boiled eggs (make a dozen or so and keep them handy)
    - refried beans (can) with cheese and salsa
    - bagel toasted and plain

I love easy quick ideas that I can do while rushing kids around or lazy days. I saw several other suggestions that I myself will try. Great post idea! =)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to gain weight? If not, then don't eat when you're not hungry.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    An egg or avocado. Those are 2 things I almost neer get tired of!

YUM!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    you don't. make it natural. when you're hungry you eat. that's how thin people stay thin! don't eat just for the sake of it
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

I wonder if she does like some of us here? I wouldn't eat for a few days. Just sometimes I get busy and forget, don't want to eat what I have around, too lazy to eat. It's so weird, but I have to force myself to eat... I set a timer even. Crazy ey?
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. I make a smoothie or a protein shake.

What types do you make? Any recipe to share? =)
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    when i'm not hungry, i eat nothing. Unless it's 7 pm and i haven't eaten all day. Then maybe an egg or a smoothie...
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Why eat if your not hungry? and if your hungry and just don't know what you want then all these other posts are good ideas.
    To make yourself eat when your not hungry even if you have calories leftover is plain silly.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Bump! Great suggestions! :flowerforyou:
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    When I am hungry but I am not feeling prep work, my options, or just feeling nauseous, I have a smoothie (usually with eggs), a frap made with cream, a little bit of trail mix, a piece of dark chocolate, cheese, summer sausage, or I munch on raw veggies.

Of course I try to keep the sugar low in anything I have, not to pig out too much on cashew butter, eat too much trail mix or cave and eat something I never wanted in the first place (that was convenient).

For any of those options I cut or make 1 portion - so 1/8 of a cup of trail mix or 1oz of cheese. After eating that portion, I reassess whether I am really hungry or not. If so, I eat a real meal, protein and veggie.

Another option is to just drink water. At some point throughout the day whatever in your fridge will become more appetizing.
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    This happens to me, too! Sometimes your body is telling you that it's time to eat, but for some reason, all of your options seem seriously unappetizing. It's most common for me at breakfast, which is the worst possible time to skip calories! I think in this situation, if it is a mealtime, and you know you have to eat SOMETHING, (as in, it's worse for you health-wise to go without) a meal replacement of some kind is acceptable. A protein shake, some kind of meal bar, etc. I'm still new at this, so that may not be the "right" answer, but it's the best solution I've found so far.
  • IIISpartacusIII
    IIISpartacusIII Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie, a meal replacement or home made meal replacement with some whey protein, fruit, peanut butter and maybe some raw oatmeal. It's quick, nutritious and consistent with my daily macro nutrients.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I dont want to make lunch so I ate 3 oz of baby carrots.
  • Thor127
    Thor127 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When it's time to eat and I don't feel like it I tell my body, Tough! Take it like a man! LOL! On a serious note, I will eat something really small, like a granola bar, to tide myself over to the next meal. I also have a few requirements of myself. To lose 1 lb a week I'm supposed to eat a little over 1830 calories a day, but if I go much lower than that my body will go into a minor state of starvation and start burning fewer calories on a permanent basis. To counter this I always make sure I eat at least 1800 calories a day and everything I eat at each meal must add up to that in some way. Sure, I don't lose the weight as quickly, but I'm not far from my goal before I start to bulk up with muscle. I just remember, you can be "overweight" and still healthy. :)
  • Thor127
    Thor127 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Sometimes it's ok to not eat when you're not hungry, but if you do this enough you will slowly, permanently slow down your metabolism so that when you are older you bloat up like crazy and can't lose the weight no matter what you do. In my line of work I know tons of people like that, so never just skip meals, but always make sure that everything you eat adds up to equal your calorie goal.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Beer.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    planters healthy nutrition nut mix.

Non fat greek yogurt

^^ This

I also add dried fruit to the nuts. I don't exclusively buy the Nutrition nuts... it's just that they're readily available... 2 bags dried fruit and one can of nuts = lots of servings. Also, I might get 2% yogurt.