No scales?

Options
I've got some scales at home but I'm at uni at the moment and so I don't have access to scales. I've been trying to use my measurements as a guideline but they don't really change much :/
Is there another way to keep track of my progress?

Replies

• mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Is there a gym or health center at your location? You will generally find scales at either location. Good luck!
  • lukester19
    lukester19 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes check for a gym in your university. I know most schools have sports clubs and drop in, and some even have scales in the change room.
  • Paco4gsc
    Paco4gsc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    No idea your location, but I'm sure you could hitch a ride to the nearest retail store and buy a cheap one? I know money is tight when at school but a cheap scale can be less than $20 US.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just use the scales at the health care place at the university. When I was going to Iowa State i also got free counseling from nutrition students. Am sure there are many options for you there at the school. Just ask! You don't need to weigh yourself very often, once a week is adequate.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    How about a particular pair of pants that are a bit snug? They are the best indicator for me!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale. I stop into my doctor's office about once a month, to every 6 weeks and weigh myself there. They're happy to let me.
  • buxyblue
    buxyblue Posts: 11
    Options
    Scales don't tell the whole story, if you are gaining muscle mass it takes up less space than fat, but weighs more. How are your clothes fitting? That would be your best bet to tell you how you are doing!
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Get a pair of jeans or shorts that you can't even get buttoned. Try them on every three of four days. Eventually you will be able to button them (if you hold your breath). Then they will fit a little better. Then they will actually fit. Then you need to find a smaller pair. I did this several years ago and lost over 30 pounds and went down several jean sizes.