number crunching help

Options
Hey, I'm in need help with this number crunching malarkey...... Any help advice and a general kick up the behind is greatly appreciated.
i have been trying to get my head around all this for a year now, and have only lost 9lb.... my aim is 20lb still to lose.

I have PCOS and store alot of fat around my middle, i am meant to follow a low GI, high protein and am boarder line insulin resistance.

So my stats are : Height 5ft 4
Currently weight : 147lb
Aiming : 132 lb ish

TDEE ; 1993
BMR: 1449
Lightly active - working out swimming/ elliptical trainer 1 - 3 times a week

myfitness pal has had me on 1340 calories to lose 1lb week, which isnt working and i seem to go over most days.

I have a fitbit, since the start of the year which im addicted to and haas really been an eye opener to my daily steps. I was barely walking 2000 some days oops, i am now reaching my 10, 000 most days.... yah go me!!

what am i doing wrong ? am i just not eating enough ? too much ? Not working out enough?

thank you in advance

Replies

• usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to do the numbers but I can tell you what is working for me. I have MFP set to sedentary. This gives me the lowest number of calories to eat and lose the weight amount I want each week. I then link MFP to my Fitbit and let Fitbit send information to MFP and then MFP adjusts my calories accordingly. If I do something that I cannot wear the Fitbit I make sure to log that information only on MFP. I do not do anything with Fitbit's website except look at my steps and other information (No Data Entry)! I hope this can help you at least some. Best of luck!

By the way: Congratulations on getting 10,000 steps a day!