Success story...!!! Failure story.. interesting view of life

Options
nhaddad
nhaddad Posts: 46 Member
I know we all share our success stories and I was one of those..Today I wanna share my failure story...I started at 282 pounds and was very motivated and lost 90 in a year ..then the imaginable happened..my wife and I lost our jobs in the same day..we were told that they will not be renewing our contracts (we are both obgyn docs) due to tough economy..we have just bought a home, juest registered our daughter in kindergarten and our little boy just turned 1 year..

We had to scramble and try figure out what to do..it has been a year full of stress..I couldn't keep up with my exercise and diet routine..I gained 50 pounds back...add to all that that the stress increased my cortisol and that caused me to gain more and more weight....

a week ago, we celebrated the 8 months anniversary of our our own new obgyn clinic in town, we are doing great, praise to the lord,...and i started my journey again..this time I am more enthusiastic than ever

NOT ONLY THAT....(PS I am a nerd !!:blushing: :laugh: )
I am in the process of getting my american board certification to be the first obesity medicine-board certified doc in my town ...
I wanna help everyone there to lose weight...

and that is my story

Replies

• lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You are amazing to get everything so together now! Congrats!
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new clinic! Thats a bummer to hear of your set backs but it looks like your better for it now. Best of luck!
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news!
    It just shows that there is a light even in our darkest times. And you two are shining bright. What a wonderful new start!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Way to make a positive out of a rough patch in your life! I wish you the best in helping out patients that want to lose weight and get healthy. Maintaining a healthy weight just may well be the panacea for prevention of most diseases.
  • nhaddad
    Options
    Thanks for the support
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    The reality is that life gets in the way sometimes. I'm dealing with incredible stress myself.The important thing to realize this and know it's a journey and that we are going to get back to the routine.

Congrats on turning your negative around.
  • Log_n_Jog
    Log_n_Jog Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome back!
  • Mrs_Padgett
    Mrs_Padgett Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck in your journey with everything you have going on!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I hope things are smooth sailing for you and your wife now.
  • pe4sandra
    pe4sandra Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It seems like things have really turned around for you. Congrats and best of luck on your new business venture.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    well i am glad everything is looking up for u now. hope everything keeps going good. and i hope u the best on ur weight loss journey...again lol
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your success story. I see the whole thing as a success. OK, life happened and you had a pretty big stumble but you knew you would get past it and back on track. And here you are. I wish you much success in your quest for your own health and the health of your community....it's a community that is fortunate to have you.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    God is so good! congrats on your current success! before you know it, everything else is going to fall back into place. ^_^
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I hope everything falls back into place for you!
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! God had other plans..lol now you can take this blessing and help others
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Be brave stay strong!
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You can do it again... Just continue to trust Him!
  • nhaddad
    Options
    Thank all for the nice words..
  • gabijadc
    gabijadc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing! Thanks for a good story to start my day :) and good luck to you!
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    Brilliant - good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!