Which bread is the best?

Options
There are only a few brands of whole wheat bread that offer their nutrition fact in my area where I live. Which bread is the best to buy?

2 slice is 132 gram with 16% Wheat Flour

2013-04-09_01-09-32_zpsfa381cdf.jpg

2 Slices is 57 gram with 17% Wheat Flour
2013-04-09_01-13-46_zpsbf7fe9f0.jpg

2 Slices is 50 gram With 20% Wheat Flour
2013-04-09_01-14-33_zpsb116a301.jpg

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Whatever has whole grains and no HFCS.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    these both look like crap because they have no dietary fiber.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I know they are crap but these 3 are the brand that have the most whole wheat flour as an ingredient. The first 2 doesn't list fiber in their nutrition fact, just protein, fat, carb and sodium in their label so I leave them blank..
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,957 Member
    Options
    I made a tomato, cipollini onion, oregano and black olive focaccia last night, with white flour by the way, that was to die for. I also make a great whole wheat flax that is a staple for us. Another great bread I make, white bread mind you, is a herb de provence ciabatte.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I look for at least 3 grams of fibre in bread I buy. I don't usually go by the wheat content. Or I bake my own bread and add seeds and such.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    No matter what bread I eat it triggers me to binge. I stay away from bread.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just prefer bread because it is quick and it take less time to clean up. Anyway, I am going to do grocery shopping today, so anybody have any idea of which bread is the best among these 3? I know they doesn't seems good but it is as good as gets here so far. (-__-)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I guess number 3 because it has 2 grams of fibre listed.
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    "One of the surprising things in our work is that whole-wheat products turned out to have the least healthy responses of all, and this is not what we expected."

Sourdough bread may be better than whole wheat
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/sourdough-bread-may-be-better-than-whole-wheat-1.307157
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    "One of the surprising things in our work is that whole-wheat products turned out to have the least healthy responses of all, and this is not what we expected."

Sourdough bread may be better than whole wheat
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/sourdough-bread-may-be-better-than-whole-wheat-1.307157

Sour dough bread is the bomb.
  • ImpossibleGrl
    Options
    Sourdough bread, rye bread, pumpernickel bread....all possibly better choices. Definitely tastier choices. :)
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I avoid bread as much as possible. When I do have to eat it I prefer Ezekiel.
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Harper’s Homemade Bran Bread 80 calories a slice...LOVE IT!!
    Ingredients: Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Ascorbic Acid, Folic Acid, Enzymes), Water, Wheat Bran, Sugar, Salt, Potato Flour, Wheat Fiber, Yeast.