Week 16, Down 18.2lbs so far

Options
I've been feeling down about my loss recently. I haven't felt like I"ve made any headway at all, even though I've lost 18 lbs already. The last few weeks have been lacking in the motivation department, making it hard to stick with this. Today, I did my weigh in. Okay, so I have lost .4lbs. Not great, not bad.

Then I looked at my measurements...

I lost almost 2" off each hips and waist, and even some off my thighs and calves (which have not moved a single quarter inch since I started! I also decided, "Okay, so I'm gunna take some photos to see how far I've come." Used the same pants, and the same shirt.

I first took a frontward, letting the shirt hang. It looked awful and huge, couldn't see my new shape, so I pulled it tight in the back, and can really see how my torso has gotten longer! Side by side, I look like my posture has changed! I think I have found some motivation to continue!

[img]http://shweet_heart.tripod.com/webonmediacontents/compare.jpg[/img]

Replies

• ChangingLifestyles
    Options
    I've been feeling down about my loss recently. I haven't felt like I"ve made any headway at all, even though I've lost 18 lbs already. The last few weeks have been lacking in the motivation department, making it hard to stick with this. Today, I did my weigh in. Okay, so I have lost .4lbs. Not great, not bad.

Then I looked at my measurements...

I lost almost 2" off each hips and waist, and even some off my thighs and calves (which have not moved a single quarter inch since I started! I also decided, "Okay, so I'm gunna take some photos to see how far I've come." Used the same pants, and the same shirt.

I first took a frontward, letting the shirt hang. It looked awful and huge, couldn't see my new shape, so I pulled it tight in the back, and can really see how my torso has gotten longer! Side by side, I look like my posture has changed! I think I have found some motivation to continue!

[img]http://shweet_heart.tripod.com/webonmediacontents/compare.jpg[/img]

You're doing great!!!!!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Big difference..great work.. Pictures always cheer me up..
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was just talking about this to my husband this morning. I have been at this since December 28. So basically the same time frame. And I have lost 17+ pounds. In the month of February when I started the shred I actually lost 0 pounds, but I did lose inches. As I explained so DH it is very demotivating at times to have the weight loss be this slow, when I have been really working hard at this. Even with acknowledging that the weight didn't come on in 6 months (it took 10 years of just letting everything go) and that the goal isn't really weight loss but good health and more energy, there are days when I want to cry about it. I wish I had a good answer, I don't. All I can say is what I tell myself everyday: I can choose to move forward or I can choose to move backward. Forward is better than where I was 4 months ago, so I'll keep going.
  • Shweet_heart
    Shweet_heart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @kmchambers64 That's very true! I've always been overweight. I'm actually smaller now than I was at my highschool grad (tried on my old grad dress and nearly cried!) If this journey was easy, we'd all be healthy and fit in no time, but it's not, and each good decision pulls us further away from how we used to be. '

For my 30th birthday in June, my boyfriend and I decided to go on a hiking weekend, not something we would have EVER done before, so that's amazing all in itself!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! That progress would get anyone motivated!! :drinker:
  • ericasturn
    ericasturn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @Shweet_heart I think you are doing great! The pics really show the true story......... you were very smart to take measurements at the beginning! I did that too and can already tell a difference in my clothes even though the scale isn't moving that fast. Plus a hiking vacation! Totally shows a new mind set! Good for you! I wish I would have taken this more seriously at the age of 30 I am closing in on 50 and it is much harder to get the wight off now than back at 30!! Keep up the good work! Be proud of what you have accomplished!
  • Shweet_heart
    Shweet_heart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. I've been pretty down about it the last few weeks, so it's nice to get some support :)
  • bri0628
    bri0628 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job. I keep telling a friend of mine on here that it's not about what the scale says, but how you feel and how the clothes look on you. Keep up the great work and you will get to where you want to be.
  • hotkat704
    hotkat704 Posts: 12
    Options
    Keep up the good work...I can you've lost!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!